Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a few passes on a friends dyno last night. My 10 was the first kaw they had done. 1st pass was 148, 2nd was 149. It was running a little lean mid through high. I wanted to see where the nitrous put me so I bolted on the bottle. 1st pass was 170, 2nd was was 171. It was running leaner than I would like so I ran (literally) to 7 11 on the corner to pick up a battery. Fattened it up as much as possible with the buttons on the high end. 180 and still a little lean. I need a custom map before I start screwing with the nitrous much more. Did a top speed pass, 1-6 gear with the nitrous and it made 200. Just having a little fun on my friends new dyno. It cost me whopping $25 for all the passes.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
170 will git er done fsho!~

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying real hard :pottytrai to keep up. You and blou d have those damn wednesday bikes.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Big Daddy said:
except his wed bike is sloooower but don't tell um i said so :lol:

BD
I'm watching you BD, :shady:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well bd, you do have bloo wheels, so that makes your, fasest color orange, bike slower.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, because of the dark pigment of the paint.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Big Daddy said:
ya might be able to keep up now :crackup:

BD
:crackup: Custom Map that beast!! 149HP with all those mods, Something can't be right.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was custom mapped at point for a slip-on, but I've since put on a full sytem. Had it dynoed at 155, it was running fat, I leaned it out (too much) with the buttons and dynoed it last night and it was running lean. Never dynoed it again after richening back up a little.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
What is this pick on bloo day? :heyyou: :rolleyes:

later..........................:zx_blue:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I added a full TI Muzzy system with power commander and K&N and made 160.8, With 78. Next I will be getting the ports done and bore 3 mm over. Should be good.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Any pics of the bottle mount?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hope to be running at 200+ with the next set of mods. I am just glad i went with the full muzzy. At first i was kind of disapointed in the 160 but i guess that is not to bad after all.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Update on my hp:
My friend got some insight on mapping from another dyno tuner in town. He called me yesterday and told me to come down with the nitrous and redyno my bike, for free. So we got everything all hooked up, I had 1/3 tank of U4 and the other 2/3 was C12+(114). 180 was the final pull on thursday with nitrous. This time first pull was 180. Messed with the map, 182. Fine tuned it for about 2 hrs and ended up at 187 with the A/F at 13:1. I feel much better about running the nitrous now. Did a run without the nitrous and got 152, with the A/F at 11.5:1 to 12:1. A little rich, but I will get a laptop or palm pilot to store the current map for nitrous and run a different map for N/A.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Get rid of that little bottle and move the other bottle to that position. You know keep the weight as much forward as possible. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts