Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dynoed my stock 3rd gen last night to see what kind of power it has as a base line. I was kind of dissapointed as it put only 155 whp down...

when I came bake to my place, I then realized that the max hp was right at the cut off mark... Then I taught: "hey, they did the test in 6th gear!" as the bike rev up to 13 000 and a little more rpm, did I hit the speed limiter? I would like to know....

here's the graph, what do you think?:dontknow:

IMG00003-20100819-1911.jpg

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Is that a Factory Pro or a Dynojet dyno? Usually you can tell from the graph if it is Dynojet. Factory Pro dynos read 15-20% lower than a Dynojet. Dynojets are everywhere, Factory Pros not as common.

If its Factory Pro, add 15-20%.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that a Factory Pro or a Dynojet dyno? Usually you can tell from the graph if it is Dynojet. Factory Pro dynos read 15-20% lower than a Dynojet. Dynojets are everywhere, Factory Pros not as common.

I don't know... I just want to know if it can be the speed limiter at 12 000 rpm in 6th that cut the power off

I will try both 5th and 6th next time

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
@ a 15% increase your gettin 178 hp...damn..
Another thought to is was it done in std or sae...SAE is the more used setting,std is old school..Even on sae(with approx a 5% increase)your still at 165..not to shabby for bone stock..

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

That's not totally true..when you dyno in SAE you will get the same equivalent numbers from either dyno..it's when tuners start playing with the numbers is when you will give vast differences in dyno #'s..I know from experience with a superflow dyno that the operator can plug a 1.5% correction factor and it will change the output number by that percent..with the new DJ 250i dyno, some operators are messing with their weather station to jack up their numbers..some tuners like to dyno in STD which yields a higher # and that is the # that most guys run to the internet with to say how much hp it's making..now when you go to a tuner that does it right, in SAE, you will get lower #'s and all of a sudden something is wrong,etc..

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
That's not totally true..when you dyno in SAE you will get the same equivalent numbers from either dyno..it's when tuners start playing with the numbers is when you will give vast differences in dyno #'s..I know from experience with a superflow dyno that the operator can plug a 1.5% correction factor and it will change the output number by that percent..with the new DJ 250i dyno, some operators are messing with their weather station to jack up their numbers..some tuners like to dyno in STD which yields a higher # and that is the # that most guys run to the internet with to say how much hp it's making..now when you go to a tuner that does it right, in SAE, you will get lower #'s and all of a sudden something is wrong,etc..
Thats what it states on Factory Pros website.

I dont think were discussing differences between Superflow dynos and Dynojets either, or whether operators are purposefully falsifying the #s. Kinda off topic.

Difference between SAE and STD is not that great either. I onced owned a Dynojet model 100. Bought the first one sold in Georgia and the 5th one Dynojet sold in the states back in 1991.

This mans run at a $20 dollar see what she does run at a bike night party type event, so why should he have to be concerned that someone was messing around with the weather station. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
691 Posts
What speed limiter? Don't worry bout that number. What you wanna see is before and after #s on the same dyno. If it puts down 155 and you mod it out and only get 158, then you should be pissed.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Something we notice on my buddy's dyno is that bikes tend to pick up power on their 2nd and/or 3rd consecutive pass.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Thats what it states on Factory Pros website.

I dont think were discussing differences between Superflow dynos and Dynojets either, or whether operators are purposefully falsifying the #s. Kinda off topic.

Difference between SAE and STD is not that great either. I onced owned a Dynojet model 100. Bought the first one sold in Georgia and the 5th one Dynojet sold in the states back in 1991.

This mans run at a $20 dollar see what she does run at a bike night party type event, so why should he have to be concerned that someone was messing around with the weather station. :rolleyes:
the point i was trying to make was not to worry about the dyno # because they can be played with...and as far as the Factory Pro and their 15-20% claim goes, that my be what they claim but I can tell you from using one for years and comparing it to DJ #'s that it was never 15-20%...more like 5-10%

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I think any agrument or worry over the #'s is really irrelevant because all of the $20 a shot dyno runs that they have set up down here during bike nights or events will be all over the damn place......you should have came back and ran your bike again the same night and seen what it put down the 2nd time? now IF the graph were from a custom tune on the dyno where it was calibrated for your bike and whatnot,,, then i would start to look closer at the map AND the A/F ratio which is the main thing above HP and TRQ numbers i think. i've ran my 750 on portable and stand alone dyno's during bike nights before and i swear one time it put out 131 and another time (and another place) it put out 153?!! go figure, i never have ran another bike on one since, i'll put that $20-$25 towards a custom map from now on.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
the point i was trying to make was not to worry about the dyno # because they can be played with...and as far as the Factory Pro and their 15-20% claim goes, that my be what they claim but I can tell you from using one for years and comparing it to DJ #'s that it was never 15-20%...more like 5-10%
And the point I am trying to make, and still keep trying to make is "no one doing $20.00 fun runs at a bike night party is purposely skewing (playing with) the numbers".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts