Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Doesn't it just sound like that dyno is reading a bit high?

Was the 07 Gixxer stock? 185hp?

I've heard some dyno operators tweak the settings just to read high so the customer leaves with a big smile.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Third gear pull = higher hp:headshake What was the baseline reading?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't it just sound like that dyno is reading a bit high?

Was the 07 Gixxer stock? 185hp?

I've heard some dyno operators tweak the settings just to read high so the customer leaves with a big smile.
No my numbers are not high and are not tweaked. I was expecting to make in the 170 range based on my mods and what other members on here have made.

Obviously the gixxer had serious work and probably using race gas as well.

Third gear pull = higher hp:headshake What was the baseline reading?
As I mentioned "Graph 1 is first run, Graph 7 is last run with PCIII tuned." Graph 1 is first run - base run.

If I wanted a higher number he would have ran up through the gears spinning the drum.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Your numbers are meaningless really. Its the nice smooth line that is important. Any dyno can read 145 or 185......don't mean shit unless you are compaing something; as your two runs or two bikes back to back. Just as scales in the dr. office are different so are dyno's. Smooth line though; nice

And that blonde in the pic..........i would kill that shit all night long! She is smok'n. Fuck the bike lets see more of her!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
For informational purposes only.

Edouble i'm not trying to rain on your parade or anyone elses but the following is and has been my experience.

Once a bike is strapped down and a base initial run or two is done should anything be used as a comparo as it takes a minimum of two runs to build up enough heat into the motor, oil, coolant because the motor is tighter / cooler and will show higher #'s but once your into the 3rd,4th and 5fth runs they are near identical so comparing run 1 and 5,6,7 will show a diff based upon the above cirteria.

BD

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For informational purposes only.

Edouble i'm not trying to rain on your parade or anyone elses but the following is and has been my experience.

Once a bike is strapped down and a base initial run or two is done should anything be used as a comparo as it takes a minimum of two runs to build up enough heat into the motor, oil, coolant because the motor is tighter / cooler and will show higher #'s but once your into the 3rd,4th and 5fth runs they are near identical so comparing run 1 and 5,6,7 will show a diff based upon the above cirteria.

BD

Ok we pulled 8 runs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts