Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i recently did some mods to my motor (pistons, mild cams, and balanced the motor. I was told my bike is running very lean because the header are glowing bright red. im in the process of trying to get it tuned now. ive talked to a few people about it and some say i will gain more hp and tq when i tune it and some say i will loss hp and tq when i tune it . The way it was explained to me was since the bike is running lean it is at its fastest (Lean is Mean) but also very dangerous and could blow the motor up. After the tuning is done it will be richer which would cause it to lose hp and tq. My question is, is this true or just a bunch of BS? If the bike is running lean and i get a good tune, will i gain or lose hp and tq ?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The most power comes with the best AFR for that motor! You need to stop running that bike until it is tuned! Leaning off AFR from a normal everyday map will to a point increase power but go too lean and you loss power! If it were as simple as leaner = HP then we would all be riding around getting 200 miles to a gallon. Glowing red headers.......NOT GOOD! tune the bike with a good flash and get the best out of it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
lean is mean, havent heard that lie in years. any piston/cam build requires tuning to make best power and torque. u will not lose power-u gain hp/torque and throttle response. as stated u dont need to be running as u are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts