Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So i have the 08 zx10r and i had it dynoed and mapped, he said the bike was lean in the bottom and rich at the top, so of course he tuned and fixed that, but my concern is that the readout from the dyno says my bike max output hp is only 144, thats with the pc, m4 slipon, and k&n filter. I thought the bike had like 170 stock. Any ideas on this

·
Registered
578 Posts
every dyno reads differently but yeah 144 sounds low lol.. its just a number tho i mean when you flick your wrist are you saying damn only 144..... yeah i didnt think so

·
Registered
549 Posts
every dyno reads differently but yeah 144 sounds low lol.. Its just a number tho i mean when you flick your wrist are you saying damn only 144..... Yeah i didnt think so
lol... :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
İ have PCV, K&N air filter and M4 GP full exhaust... My bike produced 170whp

your result doesn't sound right??

Also who said they produce 170 stock??? lol

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Do a search. This topic has been covered in depth a bazillion times. The gist of it is HP numbers are relative. You should be more concerned with percentage gained over stock. Menaing take your specific bike completely bone stock running 91 pump fuel and get it dynoed on a particular dyno. Then do all your mods and tuning then go back to that particular dyno and get your numbers. To me if the bike is running properly and I get a 100HP reading stock then 125HP reading afterwards I'm very very very very very happy. Did I say very happy???? Because I bet you that 125HP ZX10R would dust many 170HP ZX10R's!!!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd say it is either the dyno or something is wrong with the bike. I would assume you would know that something is wrong so it is most likely the dyno. The dyno could just provide conservative numbers and some do.

I'd take it to another dyno and see if there is a difference. Get the chart that provides SAE numbers, not STD.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My 09 put down 156whp with a PCV, BMC race filter, and a M4 GP slip-on with a very generic map. Fully tuned maybe one more HP added. All of the 10Rs I have seen on the dyno usually produce 150-165 range.

Just threw it on the Dyno today (5/28) and it pulled just over 157whp SAE:5 (89oct) with the same mods listed before on the same dyno with the same tuner but with much hotter conditions (much cooler last time it was ran.) Only thing different is the oil, went to full synthetic. Correction to the top, checked the chart again and it was 155whp, not 156whp as first stated. Saw that when we were comparing charts.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
It's vary by the type of dyno....and the dyno itself...you can have 5 of the same exact dynos each of them can still read different ..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Yeah i got a feeling the dyno is off some how..A stock gen 3 should be into the 150's totally bone stock,maybe 160 ish..Hell my gen 2 on a dyno jet dyno made 152 without map and slip on..almost 166 with air filter,pc3 and full beet exhaust..Just to be sure i went back to same dyno more than once and got consistant #'s

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just finished a dyno shoot-out and got 163.33.... All I have done is an M4 slip on .... Winner of the 1000cc class pulled a 167 it was a 2009 GSXR with a yoshi slip on

·
Registered
219 Posts
what was your before tune and mod result?
I never got a chance to dyno the bike pre-slip-on, but I did before the PCV and BMC and generic map. Some minor adjustments with PCV made almost 1whp over the slip-on.

The full tune hasn't been done. Only 5-10% throttle has been done. Waiting for better weather before I do a full tune, plus I am saving for a full system.

The full M4 GP does add a nice chunk of whp compared to the slip-on. I would say the slip-on added maybe 2-3whp but no more than that. The stock headers are quite restrictive and the headers is what provides the gains.

In the fall, I will post the full tune results vs. now. I might switch to Bazzaz from Dynojet so...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have 155whp with PCV and full M4 GP system. Not to worried though. Blokes at the shop (Honda shop say the best CBR they had is managed 145whp.

Wither way, bike still has the capacity to scare the shit outa me so I aint complaining.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts