Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to getting my gen 2 zx10 running, has been sitting for a long time. Throwing it on the dyno 1-3 gear dyno it runs great, 4th and 5th have an odd torque dip and 6th is super choppy has anyone seen anything like this. Bike is completely stock have a woolich flash kit for it but haven't fooled with it yet so that isn't the issue. Fuel injectors have been cleaned and checked, new fuel pump and filter, gear position switch checked and good, neutral, clutch switch, and kick stand switch checked. Fueling is a bit rich but tried leaning it out a bit and no difference. I'm assuming its something timing related maybe a ecu safety, bad crank sensor or cam sensor? Any insight totally appreciated I have never seen something like this before.

Thanks, Riley

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, also the dips are noticeable when running it on the dyno it feels like its down on power.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I don't know then mate sorry, unless you have a wheel spinning issue for whatever reason, dirty drum or just a badly strapped down bike.

·
Registered
974 Posts
hmmmm....in the woolich system it has a top speed limiter option, this could be" checked" in the box?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmm....in the woolich system it has a top speed limiter option, this could be" checked" in the box?
I've tried that checked and in checked, I think it's something that's pulling timing but I'm not sure what it could be, no engine codes. Driving me up the wall

·
Registered
974 Posts
well, if you go for a drive and data log the effected gears, you can play back that drive inthe data log screen and watch the results of timing and other stuff......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't see that in the woolich log screen I'll have another look but I don't think it's there.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Spark plugs ? Coils breaking down under load ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts