Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to a Dyno Shoot out this weekend put on by a Harley dealership and they said they would let me enter my 10. The only problem is they said they have to beable to put an inductive clamp on a spark plug wire. Is there any way around that since I think our wires are little bit more concealed than a Harleys. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I have a LM-1 Wide band O2 on there with an Aux input that reads RPMs off of a Injector wire. I just tapped into it and ran it under my Pass seat. Would that work? If so does the other end of the wire have to be connected to something?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I dont think that will work, most of the clamping pickups just measure pulsewaves through a wire, you wont have any pulses there unless they directly connect it to a pickup , which they probably dont have.

I dont know off hand what color the tach feed wire is from the ecu but they should just clamp over that.

On the dyno's we use occasionally we just clamp over the whole ECU harness and pick up the feed that way, sometimes you will pickup 2 feeds for the coils and then you just recalibrate the software to display half the reading.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I will look into the wiring for the tach and go from there. Thanks again.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
If you use one of the wires from either 9 or 15 you will get a signal at the ECU , one is the cam sensor and the other is the crank trigger , you should be able to clamp over one of these two.

wiring.JPG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks FAF. That really helps me out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts