Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, heres the dyno sheets of a before and after of having jsut the kawi intake and stock exhauyst versus both race cams. The exhaust cam is JUNK! its about .5mm smaller lift and 8-10 less in duration.

Heres the dyno sheet.

I forgot to correct one thing on here I am running stock rims on 17/39 stock gearing with a 530 ERV3 chain.

Before:

After:

peak power before 147 after 140. and a dynojet # would be around 173hp vs 167.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Why are you running a 530 chain?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt use valve springs......not needed for the cams and I degreed them to 107.5/103

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
we warned you... you just thought we were holding out on you didnt you?? LOL

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My motor has a milled head, valve job, and degreed stock cams. The guy that did my motor also did one with same mods as mine plus Star Racing headwork and Kawi intake cam and my bike made 7-8 more HP in the midrange and both bikes ended up with 173HP to the rear.

·
Registered
735 Posts
So why would they even make the exhaust cam if it hurts performance?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
colinmitchell111 said:
So why would they even make the exhaust cam if it hurts performance?
ill garantee if degreed properly to their race specs with their combo it makes power down low and mid..

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, I'd love to find out their race cams specs then!

I figured while I have th down time I'd do it....I'll have the bike up by next wensday though im hoping.....I'm gunan try another cam and if that doesnt work I'll go back to stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
steedaboy said:
when you installed the cam did you also use the new valve springs that go with it and did you degree cam
the exhaust springs is just a softer spring its not going to make a change in power really being lb's lighter..

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
steedaboy said:
are you sure there softer?when installing a race cam you would think it would be a heavier spring to to help with valve float
yep beleive it or not they are like 26lbs and stock is 30lbs.. they call it a race cam but its smaller than stock and carrys a software spring.. i was surprised cause they are revving the bike 700rpm over stock too. the exhaust valves are titanium tho so thats probably how they get away with it..

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I'd love to know those cam #'s mabey alot smaller on the intake side would do but either way it was jsut for expiremental purposes....I might pull the cam out tomm and try out this other one and see how it does. Im thinking the new one (which Im gunan keep a secret) heheheh will work out for me.

but if not stock exhaust will go back in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts