Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Geez.....I sorta figured the Arata would take the Sato. Good Info, thanks!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, it looks like the arata is running with the same map that he used on the sato. This could be becuase he was just trying to do a quick comparison, or because the sato map just seemed to work just fine and any adjustments off of it hindered performance. Either way the two are very close. The sato looses 1 whp but picks up 1 wht(torque) if you compare the first 2 graphs.

The result is similar with the 1000RR: Sato makes slight more peak whp, but the torque of the arata is slightly more.

What is interesting is the sato slip on makes more midrange power than the sato full exhaust.

·
Registered
330 Posts
ive been considering a sato over the akro b/c it is more rare w/ better peak #'s but the akro is making more midrange power where you really use the bike on teh track. :scractheshead:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sato and arata in the 3rd pic is running a different map than in the previous 2 pics.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I aksed Dan which pipe he would recommend - straight answer, Sato. Dan knows how to make bikes fast (anyone remember his 177mph F4i?) and was always good to me when I lived near his shop, fixed up my RC51 forks at no charge. That being said, there's really not enough of a difference in those graphs to affect my riding. I like my Sato, it looks cool, works great and no one around has one.

I wonder if I flipped back to his Map 1, would I pick up the extra midrange?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Last year I purchased the ZX10, while a friend at work bought the 1000rr.

We both agree I got the better bike, but he installed Sato exhaust (I got the Yosh) and his setup is shweeeeeeet :notworthy

The fit and finish is awesome and the sound is nice, but yet not nearly as loud and squidly as say the Micron (sorry guys - I once owned one too).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kyle Racing is no longer the distributor for Arata. He no longer sells them as well.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Cool thanks...

·
Registered
240 Posts
so what do you guys think of AKRAPOVIC shorty or the ARATA shorty cause I need sound really loud

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ela89gixxer said:
so what do you guys think of AKRAPOVIC shorty or the ARATA shorty cause I need sound really loud

I heard that gixxerz sound really loud?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Interesting how similar in performance the top brands are. If I had to choose between the three based on the dyno charts, I'd go for the Akro. From 5800rpm up, it has a clear advantage.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
The akra makes better hp from 5900 - 11900 and better torque from 5800 - 10800. Akra would be my choice.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I heard that K5's with D&D are making about 178whp and 130db to the ear.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I posed this question to Ivan some time ago (thinking of trading-out my Yosh for the type of EVO he recommends) and he said when it comes to slip-on's it's basically esthetics, that in general there isn't a huge difference between manufacturers.

I don't think he's too far off.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So if there isn't much of a difference with the slip-ons, which one sounds the best?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
lochendorb said:
So if there isn't much of a difference with the slip-ons, which one sounds the best?
the kind your ear likes. :mrgreen:

BD

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
circusnuts said:
I posed this question to Ivan some time ago (thinking of trading-out my Yosh for the type of EVO he recommends) and he said when it comes to slip-on's it's basically esthetics, that in general there isn't a huge difference between manufacturers.

I don't think he's too far off.
To quote Ivan: "a 2" hole is a 2" hole"..pick the slip on you like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts