Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me just start off about Ivan and his shop, what a guy, I mean I will only take my bike to him while i am here, no matter how cold it is out there and me almost freezing to death on the ride home. His shop you could eat off the floor, very clean and professional.

My bike: 13,000miles on the clock - I have a K&N air filter and gutted the cat on stock pipe

Ivan did most of the 15k service, some things i didn't need done:

1. Valve adj - He said everything looked great, all in spec

2. Throttle body adj/sync, said they were way off - idles smoother now

3. New OEM spark plugs - old ones looked a tad lean - K&N was prob reason

4. His TRE installed

5. PC3 with his custom map installed

6. Checked the steering head nut, that was fine

7. Adjust this and tweak that a bit, nothing major

8. Dyno run, he waited for me to show up to do it, i love hearing this bitch roar!!

And the verdict: 152.5 RWHP, 77.6 TQ

How does she ride comparing stock? Just like Ivan said, hella smooth!! Instead of jerky on and off, its smooth on and off, and she pulls hard also, didn't get to rip her wide open, just to about 130ish, but i could tell she is faster. Ivan said i may even have 2-3 hp with my chain a little on the tight side, but hey, its more than i can handle now!!

So if your in the NY area or close enough, i recommend Ivan for whatever you need. And not to forget that he only imphasized like 20 times that if i have anything go wrong with the TRE, or anything, let me know. Makes me feel real confident with him vs. the bozo the clown dealership!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Those are some good numbers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did video it, but Ivan made it very clear to not post it. So, to respect his wish, I will not be able to post it, sorry, unless he says otherwise. As far as what else i am going to do to her, probably nothing, i mean, its got about everything i want done. Only thing would be a slip on if someone is selling theirs cheap and considering power coating the rims as in my other thread i started today. I think its moded well enough to suite me and my tastes!! And after todays bill, i am done spending money on anything!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
I did video it, but Ivan made it very clear to not post it. So, to respect his wish, I will not be able to post it, sorry, unless he says otherwise. As far as what else i am going to do to her, probably nothing, i mean, its got about everything i want done. Only thing would be a slip on if someone is selling theirs cheap and considering power coating the rims as in my other thread i started today. I think its moded well enough to suite me and my tastes!! And after todays bill, i am done spending money on anything!!
Shit you paid him didn't you!!! What is a dyno vid gonna show anyway? Unless he don't know what he's doing? :dontknow: :lol:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't know, something about the public viewing the video and may copy his stuff? i am not sure, i couldn't understand it much myself, he almost wouldn't let me tape it. all i video'd was him cycling through the gears and then hitting it, about a 3 min clip total, and only the dyno, nothing else to video really. i have video of about 4 pulls with the ROUSH and no one gave a damn about that?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
maybe he doesn't want his face to be seen...

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Honor him. :+1:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I took my Yosh slip on off my 04 10r when it it 100 miles on it and replaced it with a full sato system. There is not a mark on this pipe. If your intrested call me at 860-625-1890. I work in New-London Connecticut. 2 hrs North on I-95 from the NY border.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh man, now you would have to make me spend MORE money, what kind of pipe, cf, ti, ss?

i will put up the ROUSH dyno runs tonight, almost went just as deaf standing behind that thing at full go, but standing behind the bike, its alot louder.

I won't go against ivan, i told him ok, and no need for a video to piss anyone off, besides, he's a real good guy and i wouldn't want to have him pissed at me, then get the trickle down effect from others.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh man, if it was a cf or ti i'd consider, not a big fan of ss on the 10r, sorry.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Sounds like a pretty possitive experience. Where at in NY is he located. I live in York Pa and would love to get my bike to a respectable tuner but not sure where to take it around me. Probably doing a full system and his TRE over the winter with velocity stacks and then getting tuned, but again I don't know where to go.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
good #s hope you enjoy the power and I understand kinda about the not showing the vid. I tried to post mine but it was too large and I didn't want to host it on some other site.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
he is in congers, ny. he knows the zx-10 like the back of his hand it sounds like. taken his apart a few times. if you can, go to him, call and set something up, what was great was that he said since he was already in the bike, you may as well get the tre and pc3 and let him put it in, it won't cost any more labor since the bike is already apart. i couldn't be more pleased and reassured everything was done correctly. he even mapped each valve, the spec, and said nothing had to be adjusted. he even had all my old parts there if i wanted them, i didnt even think to ask HIM for that, at a stealership, they prob just give me someone elses crap to think i got mine back.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
He is a very nice guy who takes time to talk to anyone that calls him about advice on his parts. I called him last week and he spent the better part of 20 mins on the phone with ma talking about his dyno set up and how other tuners are not tuning these bike right on the dynoes.

He really knows his stuff from what I can tell and does his homework before he puts it out for us to buy.

I am going to do his TRE and sub throttle mod, but I am not going to do a full system as I dont have the funds now and really could not use the extra 5rwhp if I did the full system. I just want some more sound, better looks over the stock pipe and a little gain in power.

With you saying that your TB were out of sync, makes me wonder if I should sync mine now...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts