Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
If you don't have block off plates you won't get a true AFR. And you definately have an AFR that is all over the place.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Whoa... Might wanna do the block off and try again, or get to a tuner. Bad decel popping and flames?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Maybe check the airfuel sensor on the dyno. Your Hp curve is not reflecting your af curve. Your af curve is very lean but your hp curve looks fine

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
I'm thinking that the air-suction was not disabled. What you're seeing at the sniffer is not what the engine is seeing because of the extra air drawn into the exhaust by the air-suction (emission control system).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the block off plates, i also removed the secondary butterflies and i havnt had it tuned yet. But would that cause that.

Koups cycle shop had an open house today, doing $5 dyno runs. I didnt check anyone elses sheets, i didnt get mine until i was leaving. so i dont know if the sensor on the dynp would be wrong or not.

I havnt noticed any decel popping really, maybe every once in a while

·
Registered
901 Posts
Well theres your problem. Mods and untuned. Get it tuned and it will really come alive. Man that's dangerously lean.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i think 13.3, 13.5 is a good afr

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i need to get a tune asap i believe.

WildB, how much power did you gain with the 08 intake cam?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also I dont know much about the whole tuning thing but should i have the ecu reflashed or should i have it tuned on the dyno with the pc3? or both?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Gen1 right? A reflashed ECU won't do shit. That only has gains on the Gen4, no ther years will see much of anything but gen4.

·
Registered
729 Posts
When i got the cam put in I also did thinner head gasket, kibble white springs, and titanium retainers.. At that time the only other mod the bike had was a Akra slip on. No power commander or any tune. Picked up 7 hp at the wheel compared to slip on alone, and again that was with no tune or any other mods. That was on the same dyno within days of each other. All said and done with the mods I have now Ive gotten dyno reading that range from 156 to 170 on different dynos on different days.
I am running 4 degrees advance in timing with ign module, rev extend 500 rpm, and the cams were dergreed at 110/102

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the help and info WildB.

Naked, The shop had an open house and they were doing single dyno runs for 5 dollars.
I think they usually did a dyno shootout for bragging rights or prizes for top hp in their class. It was just to know what your puttin down this time i suppose.

Thanks guys

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
JBell do the block offs and tuned if you can. Here is a thread I started with my 10R never got it tuned have a PCIII adjusted my own #s modifying a downloaded map and you can see how good it looks in my thread here- http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112576

bloo

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have block offs installed and a pc3 ive just needed a tune. i didnt realise it would be running that lean.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 20 of 24 Posts