Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the 2008 ZX-10 on the dyno today at a buddys shop and with 39,000 on the ticker and weather conditions at 84 degree and 50% humidity Dew Point:63° Pressure: 30.10 in
She put up 150.4HP and 69.7 lb ft of torque.
I thought it had a little more in it, but numbers are numbers.. The A/F was real flat just a bit rich off idle. So I was real happy with that.

I'll try to get a print out from him and post it up.

A friend of mine took some video of it so Im sure he will put it on Youtube, so I'll post up a link when he sends it to me.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a good bit done to it.. When Older guy had it it made 167.. Not sure if its the dyno right or what... but i thought the numbers were a little low as well..
I have the Bazazz ZFI
TRE
Area P pipe
BMC Filter..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Diff dyno's diff numbers. Just my experience on one. 2 06's and one 07 on the same dyno, within an hr of each other. The 07 pulled 165, one 06 pulled 164, and mine pulled 174. The other 2 bikes have PCIII's, filter and Slipons. Mine has Baffle kit and Ivan's TRE. Why did Mine pull such a big # over theirs?

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Yours pulled better #'s cause it was a mid week made bike..theirs were tues or fri made bike

·
Registered
617 Posts
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=404207022925569

Link to the dyno run

not sure how to actually put the video on here
You've got a restricted FB page so if we aren't friends we can't see the vid :wink: make a you tube account and upload the vid on there copy/past the link here :cool:

If it comes down to dynos and engines you can have 100 bikes on the same dyno and on the same time even then it wouldnt give the same numbers.

Once upon a time in belgium :lol: a bikemagazine had a street ssp test on the dyno and at the time i believe it was 1997 they had a kawa ZX-6R on it and it made a 111 hp they couldnt believe it pulled that numbers so they did a second run, same numbers why did this ZX-6R these numbers ?? noone knows maybe the machiens were calibrated and was this the first one that came of the production line.

Numbers are numbers, if your bike feels good rides good fuck the numbers and enjoy it :cool:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
yup yup...
Has anyone with the Bazzaz ever had it not switch between the maps???

facebook should work now.. public now

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ask if you can see the time taken to reach max HP. Big HP numbers don't mean much if it takes you forever to get there.

I have a 09 zx10r with a full m4 system dynoed at 2 different shops.
First place pulled 154.3
Second place pulled 162.4

Only difference was ambient temperature and humidity.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It took quite a while to get there.. I'll have to get a print out of it...

·
Registered
264 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts