Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the bike in today...bitched about the poor tip in throttle response...he installed a K & N air cleaner - said the stock filter was clogged up - put it on the dyno and said the mapping wasn't right and corrected it...claims my HP went from 144 to 157 - with just Akra slip on and the filter. Jack's bike was dyno'd at 164.

Will try and get the chart and post it...

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
157 with filter, slip on, and custom map sounds about right. When was the 144 done? same day?

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
miykl said:
157 with filter, slip on, and custom map sounds about right. When was the 144 done? same day?
Yes, same day - he said map was messed up and way too rich with the clogged filter...

·
Registered
47 Posts
It wasn't the honda, kawai dealership in monterey was it? That place does wonders with mapping. :crackup: My buddies 929 dynoed 118 when he took it in. After a custom map it did 138hp :eyecrazy:
He could not believe how much faster it was. My friends 02 gsxr 750 still pulled away from him the same after he took it in as it did before though. :crackup:

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have dyno chart I could post if I knew how...they are in jpeg format...I can e-mail to someone who knows how to post images...or give me directions.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Pretty good end results but 144 seems awfully low just curious, everything was done the same day?

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well got a custom map for the 10. They found it running very rich off idle and that's why I have been having abrupt throttle changes when going from off throttle to on throttle. It is much more linear now. He said mapping doesn't change much below a certain rpm....put in the BMC filter...stock filter was clogged after 11,000 miles...will make sure it is serviced every 3,000 miles at the same time I get the oil changed...yes, has more power and much more linear delivery....should get better milage too...they charged me $300 and took about 5 hours of dyno time...(PS - their normal price is $350, but I spent $2,600 2 months ago and he agreed to give me a $50 discount)...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nice gains, and they aren't all on the top end.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Nice man I was thinking of putting the bike on the dyno by my house sometime very soon, maybe next weekend.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Frank...were are doing a Pala, Julian, Borrego ride tomorrow...join some SD guys at 9 am at the Mobil station at the 15/76...you are welcome to join us...

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Damn! 13 hp and 7 lbs. torque increase. I'd have to say that's pretty noticable.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Older Guy said:
took the bike in today...bitched about the poor tip in throttle response...he installed a K & N air cleaner - said the stock filter was clogged up - put it on the dyno and said the mapping wasn't right and corrected it...claims my HP went from 144 to 157 - with just Akra slip on and the filter. Jack's bike was dyno'd at 164.

Will try and get the chart and post it...
just wondering.....was the 144 run in stock form or is that with a previous mapping....curious because your air/fuel line from that run is almost exactly opposite from mine stock.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Older Guy - -congratulations, Im sure your saying that was a well spent 300... i sure would. Can you tell a huge difference when your riding it now with the new upgrades and mapping. Does it feel like 13 more ponies?? and +7 torque.....Im looking for a good air filter upgrade - was yours the race or the street version?????

Happy for you - - feels good when it runs like a scalded dog!!

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
just wondering.....was the 144 run in stock form or is that with a previous mapping....curious because your air/fuel line from that run is almost exactly opposite from mine stock.
They downloaded a map from PC III for Akra slip on.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Whats up? i have seen many stock mid 150'rhp on Dynos. Would you think some how they are lowballing your first test? as its very low for the 10R even
at stock.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
im thinking that the first run wasnt stock.....it was with an akra slip with a bad map, plus dirty filter, i could see it doing more harm than good......then the 2nd run is with new filter and custom map.....so in stock form it probably was higher than the 144 run......guessing here, but am i right Older guy?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts