Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attack Performance in Huntington Beach is doing some engine work on my bike and I had them throw the bike on a dyno prior to the work. The results are below and the list of performance mods I have:

1) PCV with basic map from website
2) Autotuner which will soon be up for sale
3) Akro Slip-On with Link Pipe
4) Guhl Flash.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
What are you having done?

Curve looks great as is once you get into the power. Smooth out 6-7k and you might eliminate the dip there.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
TQ look a wee bit low..Are they not in atleast the mid 80's??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the TQ was a little low as well. I'm sure the dyno is spot on considering that stack just got back from motogp

·
Registered
507 Posts
It could be the auto tuner but I'm not sure. Cant wait till they get done with it

SoCal,

Yed is from Malaysia. He posted a dyno chart previously and his torque is listed in Newton-Meters.

1 newton metre = 0.7375621 pound-foot

So basically 71.6 for his bike. A Gen4 with 97 lb-ft of torque would be a healthy motherfucker.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SoCal,

Yed is from Malaysia. He posted a dyno chart previously and his torque is listed in Newton-Meters.

So basically 71.6 for his bike. A Gen4 with 97 lb-ft of torque would be a healthy motherfucker.
I should've paid more attention in physics. Solidsnakealpha, I saw your dynochart as well......I expected my max HP to be lower that yours given you have a full system and I have the akro slip-on w/link.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Are you Ryan? I saw something on Attacks fb page haha

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
with a few little tweaks to the fueling, that is spot on for that bike!

·
Registered
53 Posts
SoCal,

tHanks bro

Did notice on that...hmmm..mine is lower then..damnn!

Hp : top end
TQ : acceleration

Right?

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Haha. Yeah. They through my bike up on the facebook page and wlll update it while they do the work.
haha thats awesome
Keep us updated here too

·
Registered
507 Posts
I should've paid more attention in physics. Solidsnakealpha, I saw your dynochart as well......I expected my max HP to be lower that yours given you have a full system and I have the akro slip-on w/link.
We could take our bikes to ten different dynos and get ten totally different figures, so I take it all with a grain of salt. With no other figures to compare with from the dyno mine was tuned on, I have zero faith in the accuracy of any of it. For a good example, anybody that reads Sport Rider, Motorcyclist, various websites, etc will see where the 1199 Panigale has put down as little as 159 RWHP and as high as nearly 180 bone-stock on different dynos. So in the end, all I know is the bike runs great from idle all the way to 14,500 RPM and combined with the extensive weight reduction it runs like scalded bat shit. So I'm happy and I guarantee you'll be thrilled when the bike is done - the Gen4 is a great platform! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
We could take our bikes to ten different dynos and get ten totally different figures, so I take it all with a grain of salt. With no other figures to compare with from the dyno mine was tuned on, I have zero faith in the accuracy of any of it. For a good example, anybody that reads Sport Rider, Motorcyclist, various websites, etc will see where the 1199 Panigale has put down as little as 159 RWHP and as high as nearly 180 bone-stock on different dynos. So in the end, all I know is the bike runs great from idle all the way to 14,500 RPM and combined with the extensive weight reduction it runs like scalded bat shit. So I'm happy and I guarantee you'll be thrilled when the bike is done - the Gen4 is a great platform! :eek:ccasion1
not to jack this but, the pani needs to have its computer tricked into allowing full power, on the dyno it takes some trickery to get the ecu to allow the bike to put full power down

·
Registered
507 Posts
not to jack this but, the pani needs to have its computer tricked into allowing full power, on the dyno it takes some trickery to get the ecu to allow the bike to put full power down
Not arguing, but for example: in Motorcycle.com's 2012 European Literbike Shootout, the Pani produced 162 even when following Ducati's four-page procedure.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts