Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, going to get a custom map made on the dyno...never could get the canned maps to work worth a shit. i have a couple options:

there is a local shop that tunes pc111's, but they are not dynojet certified. i have heard they do a good job and have a dynojet eddie current dyno. they charge 250.00.

the second shop is dynojet certified and on the dynojet home page. they have the tuning link software. i called and they said they tuned each cylinder individually...not just all of them at once. they charge 400.00 for the job.

which one should i go to? what is the tuning link software and is it really needed? and is mapping each cylinder better than the "regular" tune? and is 400.00 out of line for the service?

thanks

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Individual cylinder trimming would take a lot of time and if they indeed are doing it then expect to pay extra , but if I was paying for it, I would want to be right there when they do it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Individual cylinder trimming would take a lot of time and if they indeed are doing it then expect to pay extra , but if I was paying for it, I would want to be right there when they do it.
"trimming" do you mean "timing" if so, dont you need the ignition module to change the timing in addition to just the pc111? or can you adjust that with just the pc111?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
"trimming" do you mean "timing" if so, dont you need the ignition module to change the timing in addition to just the pc111? or can you adjust that with just the pc111?
No I mean "trimming" , there is a cylinder trim function which enables you to fuel trim each cylinder , which is what they are allegedly proposing to do.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I mean "trimming" , there is a cylinder trim function which enables you to fuel trim each cylinder , which is what they are allegedly proposing to do.
cool, thanks

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Without a gas analyzer for each cylinder it would be just guess work on tuning individual cylinders , and to measure torque from each cylinder takes some serious equipment.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Without a gas analyzer for each cylinder it would be just guess work on tuning individual cylinders , and to measure torque from each cylinder takes some serious equipment.
how would one analyze the gas from each cylinder w/o drilling a hole in each header and putting a sensor there before it has time to go further down the pipe and mix with gases from the other cylinders?

is that what that tuning link software is for?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
how would one analyze the gas from each cylinder w/o drilling a hole in each header and putting a sensor there before it has time to go further down the pipe and mix with gases from the other cylinders?

is that what that tuning link software is for?
Exactly,

There are algorithms and complex software programs to analyze transient fuel mixtures , not something you would find at a bike shop , to measure the torque produced in a single cylinder whilst all four are working requires mad calculations on the effect of an engine dyno's speed , at best on a chassis dyno it would be a trial and error situation, where you add or remove fuel in individual cylinders until you get a higher output.

Individual cylinders still have to work as a team in the end and getting the most out of the engine has already been calculated by 1,000 engineers in Japan , and that is why you find things like different size velocity stacks and complex airbox shapes, no they are not perfect, but a lot closer than a bike shop can hope to replicate.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
The tuning link software enables the dyno tech to run a variety of conditions for your bikes engine, this works with load control dynos and can pick individual points on your map to improve power depending on the load and how fast you snap the throttle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts