Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I had the pc installed and custom map made. Before the map was made. The made 152 hp. after the map installed. it is 154. only 2 hp gain. I ask about this and the tuner told me that it not all about hp, but also drive ablty. I told myself that i spent $500.00 for a lousey 2 hp. The drive home was something else. the bike is more responsive. it feel good when i crack the throttle. I was impress with this. Now can somebody explain to me why this happen with only a 2 hp gain.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Well not exactly :wink:

My guess is the overall drivability and efficiency has been improved throughout the entire range with the new map and frankly this is far more important than some 5 or 6hp increase @ 12k............well in my pea brain anyway.

BD

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Well my bike was running too rich with a slip on Akra and PC III...So I had a custom map done...turns out I was 144 hp before the custom map, and 157 HP after....much imroved driveability...

·
Registered
900 Posts
If the targe A/F was 13:1 the graph looks pretty good. Keep in mind that you don't ride a graph, you ride a performance machine. The feel of the motor has changed greatly...for the better as you stated. THAT IS THE REAL WIN! Don't sweat it or second guess your decision to invest in a costom map, you will get your returns EVERY time you ride.:wink:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, it does ride better. there was a 636 in front of me and he went from 103 to 116. i guess i expected to much. the bike comes on strong. the only thing i done to the bike is slip on and 42 r/sp. in the end. i'm happy with the bike performance. it's hard to put it in words on how it runs, the easy way is to say it. it runs like a rape ape. thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts