Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the highest amount of power gotten out of anyones ZX10R/RR here? Post up the dyno sheet!

(Yes, I know all dynos read differently) Still interested to know!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,614 Posts
Daily dose of ePenis. ;)
YOWZA!!! Is it because the screen is black that the graph is so big? I hear that's a thing. 😜

I'd post my dyno chart, but I don't care about that stuff.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
If you want to go fast in a straight line, why not just go parachuting?

Cheaper than a motorcycle.
We go a lot faster than you can with a parachute.... and I can't go to work or the store on a parachute. ;)

EDIT: And actually, I think my set up could be had cheaper than the average sky diving set-up these days... I don't remember it being a super cheap sport either

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
FML that is a fuck ton of power out of a liter bike, I'm curious to see how much anyone has out of a daily drivable zx10 r, not one set up for drag racing
To be fair, that is a 100% streetbike. Pump gas, lights, foot shiftable, full cooling system, not set up for drag racing much at all (no clutch or gear). I did add about 5" to it and lower it a bit... running it at stock height and wheelbase at that power is ridiculous, but I did do it for a couple years. It's not "winning" any track days, but I enjoy the hell out of it on surface roads... certainly more than most stock bikes. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
To be fair, that is a 100% streetbike. Pump gas, lights, foot shiftable, full cooling system, not set up for drag racing much at all (no clutch or gear). I did add about 5" to it and lower it a bit... running it at stock height and wheelbase at that power is ridiculous, but I did do it for a couple years. It's not "winning" any track days, but I enjoy the hell out of it on surface roads... certainly more than most stock bikes. :)
Dude, 5 inch stretch would kill it for me, at least for being my main set of wheels which my current bike happens to be. Twisties would probably be a bitch with the stretch but around town I guess it would be worth it. Is it just a turbo and which one if you don't mind me asking....
So I re read what you said, you did run it stock length and height for a while. Was it just too much to handle like that? I only ask cause I really want to turbo my bike, not even sure why anymore as I have spray on it and don't use that as is but sometimes I do wish for a bit more power. Definitely don't need it but want it all the same

43 Posts
We go a lot faster than you can with a parachute.... and I can't go to work or the store on a parachute. ;)

EDIT: And actually, I think my set up could be had cheaper than the average sky diving set-up these days... I don't remember it being a super cheap sport either
Going straight a line for one is really simple and for two gets boring real quick. More power aint gonna help ya.

Try the turns, try touching with your knee and you'll understand what Im talking about.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Going straight a line for one is really simple and for two gets boring real quick. More power aint gonna help ya.

Try the turns, try touching with your knee and you'll understand what Im talking about.
Try doing it on dirt or salt. :) If that's still too simple for you, take all the fairing off and try that. You may find you don't know as much about straight line speed as you think you do.

I've done a bit of amateur road racing; it's great! Given the cost, though, I enjoy drag and LSR a bit more. That's just my cup of tea, and it translates on to road bikes as well... much better than a bike set up for circuit racing. I am getting old though, so maybe that's just me. ;)

43 Posts
Try doing it on dirt or salt. :) If that's still too simple for you, take all the fairing off and try that. You may find you don't know as much about straight line speed as you think you do.

I've done a bit of amateur road racing; it's great! Given the cost, though, I enjoy drag and LSR a bit more. That's just my cup of tea, and it translates on to road bikes as well... much better than a bike set up for circuit racing. I am getting old though, so maybe that's just me. ;)
I never said anything about of road racing. If you don't value your life and think you are invincible, that's your problem.

I was talking about a race track.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I never said anything about of road racing. If you don't value your life and think you are invincible, that's your problem.

I was talking about a race track.
Perhaps you misunderstand me.... amateur road racing implies being on a closed course with timing equipment. Road racing = Circuit Racing to me.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Dude, 5 inch stretch would kill it for me, at least for being my main set of wheels which my current bike happens to be. Twisties would probably be a bitch with the stretch but around town I guess it would be worth it......... So I re read what you said, you did run it stock length and height for a while. Was it just too much to handle like that? I only ask cause I really want to turbo my bike, not even sure why anymore as I have spray on it and don't use that as is but sometimes I do wish for a bit more power. Definitely don't need it but want it all the same
It depends on a lot of things, but for the most part 50% (or more) power than stock is too much for the stock geometry. That being said, you can ride the hell out a bike like that in any manner you want... you're just playing with fire. A bike that will roll the tire off the ground at real 135 mph is pretty dangerous on surface roads at surface temperatures with street tires on it, but only when you try to ride it like it's on a race track. Same can be said of a stock 1K bike though, right? If you live on the side of the tire, you probably have more power than you need right now anyway. :)

Long bikes/turbo bikes/Haybuses have a terrible reputation of not being able to turn. I'm here to tell you that's 90% indian and 10% arrow. No, it will not cut faster lap times that an appropriately set up road course bike.... but they will cut some pretty astonishing times if you know how to ride them. When I was trying to roadrace they had an older guy (40+) in the expert class that fielded a GSXR-1K... mid/back pack white plate. Just for giggles, he brought a 99% stock first gen haybus out to practice days (everything stock excepts for -2/+4 gearing, and DOT tires!) and would outlap almost every yellow plate rider out there... maybe 5-10% off his expert pace on his racebike. That bike was amazingly capable, and seeing that in person changed the way I look at almost every streetbike since. A huge amount of stretch/lower is of course a serious burden, but less than 6" is more than worth the trade off. Ground clearance gets tricky when you start lowering too much... I still run aftermarket rearsets to keep my feet off the deck, but I will take the belly pan off for daily driving shenanigans.

IMO, if you're not actually competing on a closed course with official timing, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference which type of bike you think is faster... it is about your enjoyment (or getting from point a to b for work/life). Riding on the street is risk management, and I have more fun and can manage risk much more readily on a slightly harder to turn turbo bike than I can on an otherwise stock bike that I have to push dangerously hard on the side of the tire to get the same level of enjoyment. Pulling the trigger on 300hp for a few gears is far, far more fun than trying to put a puck down on surface streets once I factor in all the BS that comes with either. If I go to an actual race track, exactly the opposite is true, and I bring a different bike for that. Both bikes are still a huge amount of fun, but I've done both and know which one I like and where. :)

TL;DR: Bring the proper tool for the job, and don't get your jobs confused. ;)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Is it just a turbo and which one if you don't mind me asking....
Last reply and I'll stop. :)
Here's the build thread over the years: Gen 2: 2006-2007 - New Turbo Project
A lot changed from day one, and is still changing every season. It has a GT2860RS on it now (with the .86 exhaust housing), but I will likely change that to a g25-660 when I can afford it, and put the GT28 back on my Concours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts