Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a free dyno pull on my 2005 zx10 .... All stock and i mean stock ...no pipe ...no p/c no nothing .. It made 147.69 hp 85 deg temp and 40% humidity ..... Hows that for a bike with 900 miles on it ??? ..Lee... :dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Thats some decent #'s for bones stock :mrgreen:

BD

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Great numbers...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was was thinking it was ok ...My friends Gixxers 3 of them made more but are far from stock... One 04 with a full yosh and custom map made 151 on motor and 175 on spray .. 2005 gixxer made 158 with a full yosh system and a great map ... The last 2005 gixxer made 154 with a full system and a home made map.. all three of them had a race filter ..... Good part is i can still run with them because i only weigh 130 and they are all over 200 pounds ...lol

I got to see around 70 bikes dyno'd today and mine was the only zx10 i saw there .. It was mostly gixxers and 3 or 4 R1s ...The R1s didn't do real good , they ranged from 138 to 141 ... There was on stock Busa (no pipes or P/C ) made 154...

A guy told me that before i got there someone dyno'd a zx10 with a pipe and a map and made 158 , i wish i could have seen it... ... Lee..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
1300hemibusa said:
Was was thinking it was ok ...My friends Gixxers 3 of them made more but are far from stock... One 04 with a full yosh and custom map made 151 on motor and 175 on spray .. 2005 gixxer made 158 with a full yosh system and a great map ... The last 2005 gixxer made 154 with a full system and a home made map.. all three of them had a race filter ..... Good part is i can still run with them because i only weigh 130 and they are all over 200 pounds ...lol

I got to see around 70 bikes dyno'd today and mine was the only zx10 i saw there .. It was mostly gixxers and 3 or 4 R1s ...The R1s didn't do real good , they ranged from 138 to 141 ... There was on stock Busa (no pipes or P/C ) made 154...

A guy told me that before i got there someone dyno'd a zx10 with a pipe and a map and made 158 , i wish i could have seen it... ... Lee..

just like schism said, it's all reletive.....but good thing for you is that you have other bikes to compare(the relative part), so by your numbers it looks good and you can see not much differances in HP with a 10 full and a k5 the same, the bikes are close, was surprised by the R1#s though, but anyway good you got a baseline :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
good #'s, seem to be in the ZX-10R ball park. Its all relative, you could have 500hp, but the question is, do you know how to use it? 5 more hp for me wouldn't do didily squat since i can barealy contain the 152 she has now!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
at same dyno run today

I was at the same dyno run yesterday and posted a 146.5. 1800 miles, K&N filter, Akrapovic carbon slip on. No PClll yet, but was still hoping to post better numbers than a stock ZX10 :dontknow:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats sort of what i was thinking. Since putting it on the bike the first starting up of the day is always a little rough. It will be nice to see now how much the PClll will actually help now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some good news ...last night i raced the 3 bikes that i posted about , we raced about 3 to 4 times each and i came out the winner !!!! Mind you i didn't win by much but a win is a win !!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The k5 and the 10 are close i've raced a buddy of mine with one numerous times I allways edge him out but it's never by much and really have to wring it out.To all those k5 guys that swear they have the fastest bike made someone is just gonna have to show me like I have shown several busa's and 12's"stock that is ,one thats been breathed on I'm no match for :thefinger

·
Registered
870 Posts
Bout the same HP mine had before it broke in - these things gain a few hp as they get closer to the 2000 mile mark.

·
Registered
353 Posts
When sportider tested the o4 zx10 they got 163 rwhp.I know different dynos read different but that seems like a big difference.Do you think the manufactures are slightly prepping the bikes they send to the magazines?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The whole motorcyclist/sport ride dyno debacle has never really been resolved. I figured it was just an errant dyno, but TWO magazine (UK) from a couple months ago dyno'd the 10R and K5, in the 160's range too.

From what I have seen, stock-to-stock, and mod-to-mod, the K5 seems to just eek out a hp or two more than the 10R. The differences are so minor with the winner being either rider, manufacturing tolerances, state of tune, ram air effectiveness.

I know that Kawi has had the reputation for the best ram air system in the business, but I wonder about the 10R. The old 9R's used to be the q-ship out there with less dyno'd hp, but it would still bust a 1/4 mi trap speed higher than some liter bikes with more power. I know those old 1000cc bikes didn't have ram air, and the field has somewhat been equalized since all the new bikes have a ram air system. Who is the king of ram air now?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts