Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a dyno-jet quickshifter yesterday and set the kill time to 80m/s and over 7000rpm. Full throttle upshifts are now much smoother than before, however part throttle upshifts out of first gear are a bit rough. Also i did about 15 minutes around a small track that is mostly first and second gear. After the last lap i slowed and tried to upshift, with the clutch, to 3rd at low rpm (well under the 7000rpm level) and the tranny seemed to be stuck. I then downshifted to first and tried to slowly upshift through the gears, but i could not get it into 3rd. I then pulled over and shut the bike off and took a quick look at the shifter to make sure all was well, everything looked good so i restarted the bike and then it shifted fine. Does anybody know what could have caused this? Was it the clunky partial throttle upshifts? Any ideas are welcomed. Cheers

·
Registered
735 Posts
I installed a dyno-jet quickshifter yesterday and set the kill time to 80m/s and over 7000rpm. Full throttle upshifts are now much smoother than before, however part throttle upshifts out of first gear are a bit rough. Also i did about 15 minutes around a small track that is mostly first and second gear. After the last lap i slowed and tried to upshift, with the clutch, to 3rd at low rpm (well under the 7000rpm level) and the tranny seemed to be stuck. I then downshifted to first and tried to slowly upshift through the gears, but i could not get it into 3rd. I then pulled over and shut the bike off and took a quick look at the shifter to make sure all was well, everything looked good so i restarted the bike and then it shifted fine. Does anybody know what could have caused this? Was it the clunky partial throttle upshifts? Any ideas are welcomed. Cheers
Ive never had any problems like that with mine, been using it for about 1500 miles now. I have heard that these things are hard on trannys, maybe yours wasnt up to the abuse. :dontknow:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never had any problems like that with mine, been using it for about 1500 miles now. I have heard that these things are hard on trannys, maybe yours wasnt up to the abuse. :dontknow:
does yours shift rougher at partial throttle vs full throttle ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Set mine to 60ms and the lowest rev I can start using it is 6K... Try it as I have not any probs but you do have to be committed when changing gear...

·
Registered
482 Posts
mine also set to 60ms.....i think these thinks are really suited to full throttle shifts rather than part throttle. which one do you have? handlebar button/ long shift rod/ little black one?

·
Registered
735 Posts
does yours shift rougher at partial throttle vs full throttle ?
it shifts the same, as it should.. it shouldnt matter where the throttle is at because the QS completely kills the engine anyways.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine also set to 60ms.....i think these thinks are really suited to full throttle shifts rather than part throttle. which one do you have? handlebar button/ long shift rod/ little black one?

i have the little black one that attaches to a shortened shift rod, and it feels great at wot, but isn't as smooth at part throttle or maybe its just that im only using part throttle in the lower gears and its a rougher
change

it shifts the same, as it should.. it shouldnt matter where the throttle is at because the QS completely kills the engine anyways.
good point, throttle position shouldn't really matter

·
Registered
335 Posts
As far as i know the quickshifter only kills fuel as its connected to the PC111 and that doesnt control ignition.

The ignition mapping is different at part throttle and whatever gear your in so this should affect part throttle/ low rpm changes unless you have a TRE/Ignition module.

Just my limited knowledge but i could be wrong.

Just got a GiPro with ATRE so will find out next time i hit the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts