Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to get a power comander and was thinking of getting the quick shifter too. who has one and what does it do? is it worth to do this mod?

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it worth the $ ground zero?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have one as well.

The first one I have ever owned.

It is my favorite mod by far!

I fuggen love it!!!

I will have it on all my bikes from now on.

Get it!

·
Registered
792 Posts
So hoe does it work? Shifts when you press a button? or shifts automatically at a set RPM?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
shifts buy set rpm per gear

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sczx10r said:
shifts buy set rpm per gear
don't you still initiate the shift with your foot though??

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
eric said:
buy a air shifter. :badteeth:
I've been there and this seems like a more street friendly set-up.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The Quick Shifter is better than an Air Shifter for the street.

It attaches to the shift rod.

It senses the pressure when a shift starts (shifter moving)

It kills the fuel for 55 ms which allows the bike to seamlessly shift into the next gear.

Again I love it and will never be without one.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
So you guys think a quick shfter is better than just hitting your horn button or having your bike shift at a certain rpm.i would rather not worry about shifting with my foot and just hit a button.i never missed a shift yet.that's why i went with the air shifter instead.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
crispin said:
The Quick Shifter is better than an Air Shifter for the street.

It attaches to the shift rod.

It senses the pressure when a shift starts (shifter moving)

It kills the fuel for 55 ms which allows the bike to seamlessly shift into the next gear.

Again I love it and will never be without one.
you still have to shift with your foot?i think a air shifter is better for drag racing. your kill time is fully adjustable and less to worry about.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
eric said:
you still have to shift with your foot?i think a air shifter is better for drag racing. your kill time is fully adjustable and less to worry about.
You may be right.

However Cain and I are street riders.

And the Kill time is fully adjustable on the QS as well.

Plus none of the extra weight of the Air Shifter and Tank.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
eric said:

if you can shift good the air shifter doesn't make as much difference as you may think On my turbo bike my air compressor took a dump so I was at the track without an air shifter. ran a [email protected] foot shifting..
best pass ever for me on that bike was an [email protected]
not much difference if you ask me...

I like the fact that you have to cut NO wires for the install and have to rely on no air tank or lines etc....for a true streetbike there is no question that the quickshifter is the ideal set-up.

for a high powered dragbike the air shifter may still be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
eric said:
well maybe so what kill box do you have??
the mps isnt any quicker then 55ms..70-120ms i think..the nlr is but if you have any sort of traction it won't shift at anything much faster then that.(55ms) anyhow..
to each there own...
I had an airshifter and when it workded good it was great but there were just to many things to go wrong especiially with a 320 horse motor heating things up under the tank... :wink:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i just run a 20oz co2 paintball bottle.i have the mps setup.i love it. never had any problems with it. i just like leaving the line and hit the starter button (nitrous) and the horn button (shifter) and thats it.Either one is fine its all up to what you want. :wink:

·
Banned
856 Posts
i agree with whatshisface with the stretched black 10. the airshifter is better for dragracing. you can say whatever you want about footshifting on an 8 second bike but its b.s.
with the airshifter you dont have to struggle to get your foot back on the peg to shift the next gear. and if you do a giant wheelie from the launch you can just smack that botton for second gear to bring it back down.gimmie that shit for light to light racing or anyother everyday situation
now if i was roadracing or some other dangerous corner shit id have to ahve one of the quick shifter shits. but i aint so fuck the quick shifter up its stupid ass.
btw CRISPIN
wazuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup nigga??????????????
you gotta see the 4x4 shit im starting to make progress

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
trikchop said:
you can say whatever you want about footshifting on an 8 second bike but its b.s.

:rolleyes: Dumbass :crackup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts