Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Significant gains made by tuning a 2011 ZX10R with the Woolich Racing Tuned software

Woolich Racing is without question the best way to tune your ZX10R...

Don't waste your time with the limitations of add on modules like powercommander or send in ecu flashing services, Tune your bike to the limit with Woolich Racing products...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Thats a Factory pro dyno.... completely normal dyno numbers guys!

JKWOOL I'm so sad I just got rid of my 10r that I cant use this :-(

I use your software all the time with my 300hp busa :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Don't waste your time with the limitations of add on modules like powercommander or send in ecu flashing services, Tune your bike to the limit with Woolich Racing products...
I disagree with this statement and its misleading! You cant adequately tune an engine without a wide band feed back or a closed loop system.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nice sales pitch but uhhh, care to elaborate??? I dont get it, no details. I still need a dyno as far as i can tell, and i dont have one at the house. Think what GSP might be trying to say is, how does one tune w/out some system that reads AFR? More details please.
Is that really saying the baseline is 140?????!!! Am i reading that right??

Edit - looks like they only support Bin files for 08+ Kawi's. Just making sure im reading this right. Then you need to buy the 02 wideband equipment. Just not nearly enough info to go on here for me.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
You still need a dyno and an ability to read your AFR. Its just simply another option out there in addition to the PCV and Bazaaz but it lets you use the stock ECU as you are interfacing directly to it and flashing it.

What it has going for it is you don't need additional modules (PC V, SFM, and IGM like with Dynojet), lets you remove the limiters (top speed, raise rev limit) and allows access to other functions you can't tune with on a Bazaaz or PCV. Only complication I see is that your tuner might not be familiar with this software so there may be an initial learning curve as most focus on PCV and Bazaaz software. Luckily its structured very closely to Dynojet so it is easy to pick up. It also requires proprietary hardware and software to use (which is what you actually buy from them as the software is free).

As far as the dyno it does look low then... I thought factory dynos read slightly lower than a Dynojet. Thanks for clarifying Garth. What dyno traditionally reads a little lower? I thought there was a model or 2 that did...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
270 Posts
I disagree with this statement and its misleading! You cant adequately tune an engine without a wide band feed back or a closed loop system.
Also incorrect. Once you learn the language of exhaust gas analysis, those numbers shown from CO, HC, CO2 etc., will tell you a lot more than a simple wideband. Plus a bunch of good old carbureted motors got tuned (pretty well too) before the advent of the electronic age.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Had to read the other thread to get a little more info but interesting to say the least. Since they are starting out it sounds like, maybe ill give em a little while to get more bin files or whatever. Just when i get one thing figured out, something new comes along. lol

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Also incorrect. Once you learn the language of exhaust gas analysis, those CO, HC, CO2 etc. will tell you a lot more than a simple wideband. Plus a bunch of good old carbureted motors got tuned (pretty well too) before the advent of the electronic age.
lol, wide band is primary and a minimum requirement to get r done..

·
Registered
685 Posts
In my opinion, the only two factors inhibiting the Woolich group is that they haven't finished the logbox development for the mitsubishi ECU and that you currently have to remove the ECU to make changes.

Once the logger comes out, it will/should have auto tune integrated (just like the denso one does) and this will single handedly eliminate Power Commanders from even being a thought. Think about it, you can change damn near everything in the ecu, PLUS tune the bike as you ride (real world conditions) WITH a built in datalogger?? No tapping into TPS or ignition... Just get a wideband and controller and wire it to the logbox. Ride the bike and tune it according to the data. DONE.

Want to spray Nitrous, no problem... edit the Full map to be whatever percent richer. Edit the Medium map to be the off spray full map. DONE.

Want to run MR12, Same as above... The possibilities with this are NUMEROUS. We just need the logbox (hint hint)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
In my opinion, the only two factors inhibiting the Woolich group is that they haven't finished the logbox development for the mitsubishi ECU and that you currently have to remove the ECU to make changes.

Once the logger comes out, it will/should have auto tune integrated (just like the denso one does) and this will single handedly eliminate Power Commanders from even being a thought. Think about it, you can change damn near everything in the ecu, PLUS tune the bike as you ride (real world conditions) WITH a built in datalogger?? No tapping into TPS or ignition... Just get a wideband and controller and wire it to the logbox. Ride the bike and tune it according to the data. DONE.

Want to spray Nitrous, no problem... edit the Full map to be whatever percent richer. Edit the Medium map to be the off spray full map. DONE.

Want to run MR12, Same as above... The possibilities with this are NUMEROUS. We just need the logbox (hint hint)
Yes,,, and add a knock sensor for ignition timing feed back

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yes,,, and add a knock sensor for ignition timing feed back
WHOA!! This isn't a car... LOL :crackup:

If there was one on the bike, then I am sure that it would be one of the sensors being logged by the logbox. But since there isn't one, reading the plugs is all you got.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Ordered mine through Boost by Smith yesterday,all it takes is a Wego at most.PC3 and Bazzaz are fixing to be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
269 Posts
This software will have potential, coming from using TuneECU on the Daytona. Differnce being that TuneECU community had plenty of preconfigured maps including a bunch of Factory maps to choose from which made things like adding slip on's easy. I would buy this in a heartbeat if I had a tuner that knew how to use it and get it dyno'ed or had a bunch of base files that match my current spec's as a base line.

·
Registered
685 Posts
This software will have potential, coming from using TuneECU on the Daytona. Differnce being that TuneECU community had plenty of preconfigured maps including a bunch of Factory maps to choose from which made things like adding slip on's easy. I would buy this in a heartbeat if I had a tuner that knew how to use it and get it dyno'ed or had a bunch of base files that match my current spec's as a base line.
Tuning it is just as easy as using a power commander. Add whatever percentage you want where ever you want it. Only issue is as I stated, pull the ecu every time. Once you are tuned tho, that becomes a non issue unless you want to change something.

ETA, Wait... And the tuner needs the BIN file and software. Other than that tho, its very similar except the resolution is deeper with WRT software.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
WHOA!! This isn't a car... LOL :crackup:

If there was one on the bike, then I am sure that it would be one of the sensors being logged by the logbox. But since there isn't one, reading the plugs is all you got.
An easy add, cheap, Honda S2000 sensor will work fine..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats a Factory pro dyno.... completely normal dyno numbers guys!

JKWOOL I'm so sad I just got rid of my 10r that I cant use this :-(

I use your software all the time with my 300hp busa :)
Firstly sorry for the delay in responding, i was only set to get weekly updates to this thread for some reason.

Yes the absolute hp numbers look low on this particular dyno, as with all dynos what is most important is the improvement in hp and torque over stock. You can have the exact same dyno give different hp numbers one day to the next. The improvement over stock baseline is what matters.

Thanks for your comments Garth :) Woolich Racing have been tuning some of the fastest Suzuki's in the world for several years now including world record holding land speed racing bikes, domestic superbike race bikes, 7 second turbo drag bikes, hayabusa powered cars etc etc. You can view some of our customers on our testimonials page or on our facebook page.

Basically we make bikes go fast...

We have recently moved into Kawasaki bikes and we are very rapidly building out our support across the Kawasaki model range.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice sales pitch but uhhh, care to elaborate??? I dont get it, no details. I still need a dyno as far as i can tell, and i dont have one at the house. Think what GSP might be trying to say is, how does one tune w/out some system that reads AFR? More details please.
Is that really saying the baseline is 140?????!!! Am i reading that right??

Edit - looks like they only support Bin files for 08+ Kawi's. Just making sure im reading this right. Then you need to buy the 02 wideband equipment. Just not nearly enough info to go on here for me.
Yes if you would like to tune yourself, and you dont have access to a dyno you will obviously need to purchase a wideband O2 sensor and controller to log AFR, you can then use this info to make adjustments to the fuel maps.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts