Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright I started with 145 rwhp. Now that is no ram air assist and this dyno is a Dyno Jet 250 real new and reads low what people tell me. Since everybody should know you use a dyno to see before and after gains and to fix air fuel mixture. All dyno's read different etc... Now it shows 161.9 rwhp Mods include Ti Force, PC3, Thin head gasket, BMC filter. All mods for horespower.
I'm up several than stock form and it runs like a screaming bitch. How the hell does sport rider and the other mags dyno do they use some sort of ram air assist? The Good news is that my bike out dynoed all other bikes with similiar mods ( busas, ZX12R 's) that was naturally aspirated or not on the juice or engine mods. Since I've had all the fast bikes on the market (mass produced) I can say that this 10 0-180 is the fastest with similiar mods. What have you boys been seeing? Don't fucking lie!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Dang man, your making post the same thing twice.:mrgreen: I was about 148 stock SAE correction on a Dynojet 200. All using 93 octane pump gas. 93 octane is plentiful where I live.

Before & After STD Correction Dynojet 200 model (using modified Akra map)

After Custom Map SAE Correction Different Dynojet 250 model

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. At least we have a honest AB. I just sent Sport rider a email and asked them how they dyno their bikes. I had around 156 with pipe and power commander the extra was the thin gasket and U4 I suppose

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Well the dyno at the shop I go to is not the newest.

I was 152 stock and 158 after PC3, custom map, slip-on

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
MAVRIK said:
nice numbers crispin...
thanks!

I am hoping that with the Full Evo 2, BMC race filter, and a tank of race gas I will see the 165 that I am looking for.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
SP8 said:
Dang man, your making post the same thing twice.:mrgreen: I was about 148 stock SAE correction on a Dynojet 200. All using 93 octane pump gas. 93 octane is plentiful where I live.

Before & After STD Correction Dynojet 200 model (using modified Akra map)

After Custom Map SAE Correction Different Dynojet 250 model

^^^I think I've seen this before. :heyyou:

·
Registered
215 Posts
crispin said:
thanks!

I am hoping that with the Full Evo 2, BMC race filter, and a tank of race gas I will see the 165 that I am looking for.
Don't bother with the race gas unless you remap. You should get that number without it. Mine's 166hp with full Arata and BMC race filter. NO PCIII!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
crispin said:
Whats reality, I thought this was the internet???
True... true.....

Can't wait to see my numbers this evening. Even more so, I can't wait to FEEL the difference. This is the first time, I've had a custom map done on a bike. I daggone better feel major improvement. The tuner is going to do b4 and after pulls. It'll be interesting to see how good (bad) my butt dyno tuning was.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
zx9rmal said:
Don't bother with the race gas unless you remap. You should get that number without it. Mine's 166hp with full Arata and BMC race filter. NO PCIII!
166 damn!!!!!!!

Whos dyno is that?

I bet I could get a few HP on that dyno!!

Seriously where do you go in ft Laud?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
miykl said:
True... true..... It'll be interesting to see how good (bad) my butt dyno tuning was.
Doesn't Dynojet have that new fangled "Butt tuning link" software available yet??

BD

·
Registered
128 Posts
Were these numbers SAE or Uncorrected? I just got back from spending all day on the Dyno and my SAE was 157.8 and Uncorrected was I think 168.4 this is only with a Akarapovic slip-on and PCII USB. It started out at 151. I can't believe how rich the top end was on this bike. I still have a hole in my fuel around 4500rpm. This was all done with the garage door open and it's 37deg. outside... Not the best conditions at all but I wanted to get a baseline for in case the weather breaks.
I don't see the gain from doing the thin head gasket and full exhaust at this time. The stock headers flow great and I completly removed the exhaust valve. These are real world numbers without the hype. I'm very happy and see more HP in the future.

Recon

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those numbers are corrected. When the bike was dynoed it was in a very hot 90 degree room and the bike was hitting 210 degrees. I would like to see it on another dyno with ram air and being cooler. I've spent money to have it custom mapped before adding the thin head gasket and it also had a bad hold in the fuel curve. Waste of my money. I've been playing around with the maps and I got better results myself. The same day there was a GSXR1000 with a full system and the Yosh EMS and supposely had a race cam and head work and it showed only 144 hp. The kid got pissed. LOL and told the guy that he had it dyno else where and it was in the high 170 and had supposely the dyno graph to prove it. Who knows? Only thing they are good for is seeing before and after readings. The shop said that they are getting a ram air dyno so they can properly make custom maps. I have never seen one. The operator put a leaf blower up to the ram air ducts and the hp went up by at least 10-15 hp. So where mine dynoed 161.9 it was up in the high 170's. Sort of proved that ram air works. There is a good article online at www.sportrider.com about ram air check it out they basically said that Kawasaki's where the king for ram air.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts