Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dunlop Sportmax Q2 vs. Bridgestone BT-003. Opinions?

Just wanting anyone who has an opinion on the Q2 or BT-003 to give me feedback on the tire. Both are dual compound and reasonably priced. I'm not going to be riding too hard, maybe a couple of track days and the rest will be street riding.

Good feedback?
Grip?
How many miles can I get on the tire?

My previous tire was the Diablo Corsa III. While I love the grip and feedback, I'm looking for something more reasonbly priced and something that may last a little longer.

·
Registered
514 Posts
both great tires can't go wrong with either one! i had the stock 16 and those never let me down. I just put on the q2 and they feel very good.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
I have the Q2's right now and I love them!! I'll will be buying another set! The grip is perfect and the feel is excellent!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I just came off of a set of 003s, 4k miles. Made the switch to the Q2s because they were only 200 bucks but man I'm regretting it :headshake

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Why are you regretting the switch? What are the pros and cons? I only have experiance with Michelin, Metzeler, and Dunlop Q2 and te Q2 is far superior over the Metzeler and Michelins...

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Q's are okay, but the D211 GPA's are the shit!

·
Registered
562 Posts
it's not that I dont like the Q2s, I do. The bt-003s were more confidence inspiring. The Q2s are sticky as hell but I just dont trust them as much. They take more to get them into the turn, but once they are there its on rails. Where as the BT-003s are on rails the entire time :thefinger

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
it's not that I dont like the Q2s, I do. The bt-003s were more confidence inspiring. The Q2s are sticky as hell but I just dont trust them as much. They take more to get them into the turn, but once they are there its on rails. Where as the BT-003s are on rails the entire time :thefinger
were both brands the same tire profile in the rear? that will change how they feel when you first go to turn in initially......with any tire. BUT i understand what you're saying cause when you've used a tire for a while and gotten use to how it feels and where your limits are and then you swap to something else......it's like you have to try and figure out what they're doing compared to on the first set you almost knew what to expect before it happened.........this happened to me when i went from the mich's to the metzlers that came with my bike.I think they're all damn good tires, just depends on how you ride and what you like. that's what it boils down to, never skimp on price when it comes to your tires though cause that's the only thing keeping you from taking a blacktop bath!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, DCIII's on there now but I just ordered my set of Q2's from konichd, great price. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to let you know my opinion on them. I really liked the Pirelli's, but the price is out of this world, and I didn't like the rear profile much. The grip, was always there though.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I've run DC III's an now I'm currently runnin Q2's. The remind me of a mid-point between Pilot Powers and DC III's. The grip is excellent but the turn in is a bit more agressive than than the Pirellis. But it's all subjective to what you like, how you ride and how your bike is set up. Can't go wrong for the price though, GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I bought 2 sets of Q2's currently runnin em on my 06 so far so good,been pretty satisfied with em on the street.Next month gonna try em on the track with my 08 im currentl;y running conti sport attacks & have had great luck with them on the street & track :thumbsup:

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought 2 sets of Q2's currently runnin em on my 06 so far so good,been pretty satisfied with em on the street.Next month gonna try em on the track with my 08 im currentl;y running conti sport attacks & have had great luck with them on the street & track :thumbsup:
I've thought about the Continentals too.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Keep it coming....

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yeah for the Money the conti's are a great Tire been running those since 06 as then ran Corsa III's when they became available. But have The Q'2s & have been happy with them so far. I just did a trackday on my Contis & actually got reall good tire wear & fir a wet track handeled fairly well as could b expected more than a few controled slides but as the weather got better so did the grip.Needless to say came away with a smile.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
got a set of q2s about a month ago...put them on my 06 and did a track day at tally first before putting them on my street bike just to see what they would do as i know ill never ride to their potential on the street. they were pretty damn good.. now tally is an abrasive track and i had seen fast guys run street tire there before so i was pretty confident. had one moment , but there was a steady drizzle at the time and iwas being a little heavyhanded. i was pleased but i bought them for my streetbike. doing barber saturday on some 003 dots, first experince with these as i have always run dlop dots, cant wait to see.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts