1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Cool, thanks for posting this up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice, I am planning on grabbing a set of Q3s here soon. Thanks! Rep sent.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'll warn you, these are slippery bastards when new.....sub 30mph and sub 1/4 throttle and it decided to light the rear up and fishtail hard.

Other than that, as I got the release compound off of them, they feel great. :lol:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,364 Posts
I'll warn you, these are slippery bastards when new.....sub 30mph and sub 1/4 throttle and it decided to light the rear up and fishtail hard.

Other than that, as I got the release compound off of them, they feel great. :lol:

:bs: Mold release agent hasn't been used on tires in almost a decade. They come out of the mold dry. The tires were just cold and you gave it too much gas. They take a couple of miles to get the sheen off and up to temp. Then they are ready to go. I ran my brand new set of Q3s at the racetrack for the first time, in the rain last weekend. On the wheels, straight to the track, in heavy rain and standing water. Fantastic tire.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have a Pair myself running 200/50 rear, great pick up ever. Even with the rebate, they're still cheaper then the other brands and better, IMO. They stick corners like a glue trap.

·
Registered
283 Posts
:bs: Mold release agent hasn't been used on tires in almost a decade. They come out of the mold dry. The tires were just cold and you gave it too much gas. They take a couple of miles to get the sheen off and up to temp. Then they are ready to go. I ran my brand new set of Q3s at the racetrack for the first time, in the rain last weekend. On the wheels, straight to the track, in heavy rain and standing water. Fantastic tire.

This set felt like a grease or something on them when they arrived(hence mold release as a guess).......they most definitely weren't "dry" to the the touch either. And the "cold tires thing" is easily debunked on this one, as this was coming straight out of a 70* shop where the tires had been for a few days and around 55°, yet I had zero issues earlier in the day with a corded shitko in sub freezing temps. Something was up with them.

Either way, after they tried to kill me and got scuffed a bit, I enjoyed them.....hopefully my $40 rebate gets back pretty quick.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,364 Posts
And the "cold tires thing" is easily debunked on this one, as this was coming straight out of a 70* shop where the tires had been for a few days and around 55°, yet I had zero issues earlier in the day with a corded shitko in sub freezing temps.

When people talk about "cold tires", it's in reference to the rubber temp that make the tire stick. The rear tire should be anywhere from 130-170 degrees typically (depends on the tire) for the grip level to be there. The rubber needs to get to those temps in order to provide maximum grip. Saying the tire is "cold" is in reference to anything pretty much below this number. It has nothing to do with the outside air temp you feel. Kinda the same way tire warmers are used at the track. If the tire temp is below this range, they are considered cold.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts

Thank you sir for this. I will be running mine the same way (minus the rain I hope) this Sunday at PBIR. Good to hear I wont have to worry.

·
Registered
559 Posts

Its from the copious amount of horsepower the 10r provides! :notworthy:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,364 Posts
Thank you sir for this. I will be running mine the same way (minus the rain I hope) this Sunday at PBIR. Good to hear I wont have to worry.
Have fun! I really need to get down and try that track out!

·
Registered
283 Posts
When people talk about "cold tires", it's in reference to the rubber temp that make the tire stick. The rear tire should be anywhere from 130-170 degrees typically (depends on the tire) for the grip level to be there. The rubber needs to get to those temps in order to provide maximum grip. Saying the tire is "cold" is in reference to anything pretty much below this number. It has nothing to do with the outside air temp you feel. Kinda the same way tire warmers are used at the track. If the tire temp is below this range, they are considered cold.

Yes, I'm pointing out though, that even a rear tire lacking rubber around the middle with freezing temps didn't do that......If one were to clutch drop or snap the throttle open I would definitely agree with you, this instance was a gradual and very cautious roll on in 1st. Even when cold since then, it hasn't done it. :wink:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've never ran anything but Q2 and they have stuck to the pavement at times I thought for sure they wouldn't. I may have to try these out.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I still have never used the rebate card they sent me from last time.

Thought about buying a 200 for the rear next time. Not sure how it would feel through the corners.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I sent my Q3 rebate form in about a month ago. I’ve heard it takes about 4 months for them to mail the credit cards out, and anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I ran my Q3's yesterday for the first time (hard cornering) and I came from Power 3's last season... First time out on the Q's and I'm very impressed and very happy!!

I rode around town first before I hit the twisties and they were pretty slick until I got them scuffed. I also had to lower my pressures to get them to feel right. Before I hit the corners I took a scotch brite pad and scuffed the outter edges. After my ride my confidence was soaring with them. Very happy with them.

Hopefully my rebate wont take 4 months to come in... that'll suck lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts