Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the chance to order up 20 sets of Dunlops new Q2 street/trackday tire for my shop and run a set at my last trackday. I ran the 190-55-17 and 120-70-17 on my 08 CBR1000RR at my last trackday at Willow Springs. I have been on every tire in the past 4 years from the Pirelli DCs to the Michelin 2Cts to the Stone 003Rs GPAs and NTECs. I can tell you that the new Q2s are everything they are cracked up to be. The tires warmed up quick and stuck great for a street tire. The turn in was predictable and the ability to hold a line was great. I have in the past 4 track days been running the Dunny GPAs with good success and feel the Q2s were very similar in overall feeling. The GPAs have much better grip as they are a full DOT race tire but the Q2 held its own in the traction dept and had a great wear range as well. I have a buddy running the Q2s on the street and cyns on his 08 ZX10R and he loves them.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I keep hearing good things about these, but unless they manage to drop the price $100 a set there are other choices out there. Maybe the others don't have as much grip, but they have more than enough for the street or avg trackday rider. Anyone who needs more would be on DOTs anyway IMO.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had the chance to order up 20 sets of Dunlops new Q2 street/trackday tire for my shop and run a set at my last trackday. I ran the 190-55-17 and 120-70-17 on my 08 CBR1000RR at my last trackday at Willow Springs. I have been on every tire in the past 4 years from the Pirelli DCs to the Michelin 2Cts to the Stone 003Rs GPAs and NTECs. I can tell you that the new Q2s are everything they are cracked up to be. The tires warmed up quick and stuck great for a street tire. The turn in was predictable and the ability to hold a line was great. I have in the past 4 track days been running the Dunny GPAs with good success and feel the Q2s were very similar in overall feeling. The GPAs have much better grip as they are a full DOT race tire but the Q2 held its own in the traction dept and had a great wear range as well. I have a buddy running the Q2s on the street and cyns on his 08 ZX10R and he loves them.

:thumbsup: thanks that's good to know !

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Thanks! I will be looking for a set of tires soon and will keep these in mind!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just ordered a set of these from the dealership that I used to work for. I still get 10% over cost there, so got both tires for under $300. I always liked the old skool qualifyers for the street, but even I have to admit they are way outdated. gonna be nice to have some bite, hopefully. Probably mount 'em up when the weather clears and I get the last little bit outa my current hides. I learned a long time ago how bad it hurts trying to scrub in new tires on cold asphalt. yes, I like to do shit the hard way.:thefinger

·
Registered
119 Posts
How do they turn-in compared to the pilot powers/2cts? The 2ct is my favorite tire because of the great turn-in they offer.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have been running them since they came out in Sept. I wont go back to pilots again...I love these damn tires, they last a little longer too...

to the member above me, they felt smooth when dropping in and coming out of a sweep it felt much more stable in the rear. Of course I had to play around with my setup but once dialed in they were the shit. I like them way better then pilot 2s or ones

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I may try the Q2 rear on my bike for the street and continue to run the NTEC front. The NTEC rears just wear to fast to be running on the street.

The GPA's have a really flat profile in the rear. I guess I need to see a Q2 in person before I order a rear. If they are flat like the GPA's I'll go back to power ones. From what I have read, I assumed they were more like the 211 NTEC's rear profile.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If you like the 209 GPA's on the track, you'll LOVE the 211's!

They won't last long, but damn they stick. Almost like cheating...

I hated Dunlops back in the 207/208 days. Really like the new stuff, I just wish they weren't so heavy and stiff.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Dude, you're running NTECs on the street? That's like bringing a gun to a knife fight. Stupid amounts of money aside, I can't imagine you'd need that kind of lean angle on the streeet.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
So you guys that had these when they came out, What was the delay w/the Front tire?and How did you guys get them if there was no fronts avail.? I had them pre-ordered then to find out only the Back tire was reay and not the front so i cancelled the order....
Thansk for the info as I still need tires and it either these or Bto's or 2ct's.. I.m 100% Street..

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I've got 1 trackday on a Q2 front and can say it provided very consistent feedback and was worth the $120.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude, you're running NTECs on the street? That's like bringing a gun to a knife fight. Stupid amounts of money aside, I can't imagine you'd need that kind of lean angle on the streeet.
Or that that NTEC will ever get up to its true operation temp on the street or cyns..:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Or that that NTEC will ever get up to its true operation temp on the street or cyns..:dontknow:

Alot of varialbles there, but I'm sure you are aware of that.

Regardless, they still have superior grip by far.

Some may even suggest that most of us do not ride our bikes to their "true" operateing ability or potential.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alot of varialbles there, but I'm sure you are aware of that.

Regardless, they still have superior grip by far.

Some may even suggest that most of us do not ride our bikes to their "true" operateing ability or potential.
Ok.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts