Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting one track day out of my q2 rear. I have ohlins suspension. I am an advanced group track rider. I am considering 211s in Med compound for longer life ,higher price they may cost more but if they last longer I think it would be worth it. Anyone with experience?

Bike is first gen zx10

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Love the new american gpa's, just as good as the Ntecs. They feel and perform like slicks and last just as long. Spinning up the rear is very controllable and inspires confidence to open the throttle more on exit. Little effort falling into the corners.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the new american gpa's, just as good as the Ntecs. They feel and perform like slicks and last just as long. Spinning up the rear is very controllable and inspires confidence to open the throttle more on exit. Little effort falling into the corners.
Are you running med/hard rear?
How do they ware compared to q2?

I love the q2 just thought I could save some time (and cash) getting a 211 that lasts longer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've been on hard , med/hard, and med compound 211's. I perfer med/hard on hot days (80*+). Never had Q2's on the track before. Get the 211's you'll be happy

Are you running med/hard rear?
How do they ware compared to q2?

I love the q2 just thought I could save some time (and cash) getting a 211 that lasts longer.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you are an advanced trackday rider then you will love the 211's, then q2's dont stand a chance once you get used to the grip level of the 211's. I have a set on and I love 'em, but if you kinda want them to last get the med/hard versions you should get between 3-5 days out of them, along with a couple thousand street miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts