Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive been looking around but haven't found any recomendations for what tire pressure to run at the track with dunlop 208GP's. Nobody Ive talked to so far seems to know much about them. Does anyone have any experience with them? Ive always ran pilot powers in the past, but got these thrown in (brand new) with the purchase of a track bike.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
571 Posts
208 GP's? You sure? That's a damn old tire.... :dontknow:

If they're the 208's we used a few years ago 31f/29r cold was the norm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to use them alot both GP and GPa on my zx6rr, my pressures were 30 front 29 rear COLD, went on to use 209s and they were very good too.

Some people find the GPs front a very triangular profile as they are but i loved the way the bike just falls into the corners without any effort at all, some people found that very un nerving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, they are definitely 208GP's.... on how old, i dont really know. I bought a track bike off a guy (bought the bike a year ago) who crashed and then let it sit in his garage for about 3 years before selling it, making the tires probably 4 yrs old. He had this new set of tires that had never been mounted. They seem to be in really good shape visually since they haven't been exposed to UV or anything. You guys see any problem with running them?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
look at for the DOT code or numbers and the Date of MFG should be right there after it ... yeah I remember running those tyres back in the days also was a good tyre back then..

·
Registered
777 Posts
I ran them a while back and liked them a lot. I would start somewhere in the 28 to 30 range cold and then keep checking pressures when you come off track to dial it in.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah, they are definitely 208GP's.... on how old, i dont really know. I bought a track bike off a guy (bought the bike a year ago) who crashed and then let it sit in his garage for about 3 years before selling it, making the tires probably 4 yrs old. He had this new set of tires that had never been mounted. They seem to be in really good shape visually since they haven't been exposed to UV or anything. You guys see any problem with running them?
Those are definately a pretty damn old set of tires but in their day they were damn good. I wouldn't try to set any lap records with them but they'll treat you just fine for a few trackdays. Set 'em 31 front and 29 rear cold and you'll be fine.

Best of luck with your new trackbike!! :eek:ccasion1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts