Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
i tried a 209 190/60 and at about 200km/h it grew so much that it hit my swingarm and induced the worst tankslapper that i've ever had the pleasure of surviving.....now i stick with 190/55's

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slapper

i tried a 209 190/60 and at about 200km/h it grew so much that it hit my swingarm and induced the worst tankslapper that i've ever had the pleasure of surviving.....now i stick with 190/55's

What year is your 10, I put it on last night and had 2 inches to grow, but I do have a 06 with a 520 conversion kit.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
This is not a tire profile to mess with if you don't understand the effects it has on geometry, suspension etc as its strictly a trackday or better yet race tire so be forewarned.

BD

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Been running them since they came out.

It's best if you have the ability to lower your rear ride height (via adjustable length shock) to compensate for the considerably larger-than-stock diameter of the 190/60.

You may also need to add a couple links to your chain to ensure that it doesn't hit the swingarm or hugger.

If you can (and want to) do all that, it's a great tire. If not, things can get interesting in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I ran them for qute a while before going to slicks. It is a very good tire but the rear needs to be lowered about 9mm and the comression needs to be stiffened up a bit in the back. Yuou will find that it takes a different riding style to get used to it. It is a heavy tire also, I felt as though it hurt the flickability of the bike at medium speeds mainly due to the weight. You probably will not like it if you are street riding, they heat cycle fast, they will be junk in a week if you street ride them. If yo are going to the track then you will love them after about the 2nd or 3rd day. The first day was very frustrating as it had head shake like a mo'fo. Only with the help of a suspension service will your bike be right in my opinion.
CanyonCarver is correct also, 114L chain with 16/42 gearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts