Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of cleaning up my bike, and dumping the exhaust. Does anyone have any advice? Will dumping the exhaust effect performance, or power commander programming? I may just lean towards a Muzzy setup, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
You need to go into a little more details but what ever. Are you saying you have stock cans and have a power commander with a map? Are you saying you have stock cans and just want to take them off and go with a straight pipe? All I can say is for you 2nd gen the racefit,akra evo,brocks sidewinder or beet dual undertails are the way to go!! You will only improve your hp and torque along with a much stronger power band. I would say a solid tune and pc is a necessity if you want every ounce of power out of your bike etc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to go into a little more details but what ever. Are you saying you have stock cans and have a power commander with a map? Are you saying you have stock cans and just want to take them off and go with a straight pipe? All I can say is for you 2nd gen the racefit,akra evo,brocks sidewinder or beet dual undertails are the way to go!! You will only improve your hp and torque along with a much stronger power band. I would say a solid tune and pc is a necessity if you want every ounce of power out of your bike etc.

I'm a bike NOOB, but the bike currently has carbon fiber akra slip ons with a USB commander. I'm wanting to drop/stretch the bike this winter, and personally don't like the carbon fiber akra that is on the bike now. I wasn't sure if programming was necessary if I dumped the exhuast, or if it would be better to buy another (shorter) slip on setup. All I want is a clean look for the bike.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Dumped?! Like what, remove an exhaust and run headers alone? You sound like you've been drinking because if that's what youre talking about then the "no stupid questions, just stupid people" theory heavily applies here.
As far as shorter cans go, hit up our how-to section and follow my awesome "how-to shorten..." thread and you'll be happy

·
5,932 Posts
LOL, nice chime in on this thread hesaves0211 Ha ha. Hes wanting to drop akra cans man, I'm sure someone will buy those on here for sure. But if your looking to clean up the tail and thats how it sounds search around on here using the search button and you will come up with a lot of ideals on exhausts etc. I think the race fit or brocks or muzzy gp sounds more up your alley than the akra's etc...

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I can't believe someone would want to get rid of those beautiful Akro cans. Shorten them some hell yes. You know what just go get a gixxer I'm sure that will make you happier.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
:headshake: someone pass the pop corn

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
im sure the pc would help for sure.....there are a few people on here that have "dumped" the exhaust just before the end of the belly pan....im not sure where the threads are but there is a exhaust that bolts on that i think removes the cat and bolts up to the stock headers.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
for short and loud go with Boz Bros.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
And he means LOUD, irritating and obnoxious...if that's the kind of squid you want to be? Most every member I've known sold their boz after a short period of time- I don't blame them.

·
5,932 Posts
yeah along with burning the lower fairings to hell LOL. I have seen a couple of those so called exhausts "boz bros." Which really isn't anything but a tip that costs about $20 bucks at pepboys.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I wouldn't personally recommend boz bros to a normal rider but if dumped is what he wants that is what he is looking for.

One step above unbolting the cat and running straight out of the header.

·
Registered
253 Posts
tec advise on chop stretch drag look

now now boys lets treat our new members with some kindness after all there was a time when it was our first bike. Wow that was almost 17 years ago for me fuck im old.
Ok so how i see this mod you are talking about is.... When you cut down or shorten an exhaust system you are relieving back pressure from the engine and since you have a aftermarket computer module installed chopping the exhaust is going to destroy your bottom end and make the bike run like shit and loose power. It may run the same on top end but your computer mod will not be performing to the exhaust mod. my advice to you is leave the cans alone take them off and sell them purchase a sidewinder and have the bike dyno tuned so that the computer is in sync with the new exhaust. Getting the most out of your rocket will always depend on balance when you change one part it usually effects another in some way, replace a stock exhaust sounds louder breaths a little better but if you dont do the computer mod its really just making it louder!! For me i have always been about going by so fast you cant see me and the quieter i am the less attention i attract.
I ride a gp style motorcycle for a reason so making your zx10 into a dragster and sacrificing the ability to throw your bike into a hard twisty canyon so it looks like it goes faster in a straight line (stretching the arm) is a disrespect to the engineers that designed the zx10r. That is unless you are putting a nitros kit or a turbo on the bike and going full drag thats ok too if your really going to go fast straight for a qmile. For satans sake the zx10 can do a standing quarter mile under 11 seconds and thats without spitting on the kawi engineers (stretching the bike just so it looks cool ) thats just one dicks opinion here "hi im dick" or asshole if you ask my wife> Good luck noobie:badteeth::eek:ccasion1 and stick around this is as far as im concerned the only true forum with a passion and member brotherhood on the net for kawasaki and the zx10r!!!!!!

·
5,932 Posts
edouble
I remember this guy and his write ups and his photo bucket LOL....That's freaking great!!

666inme
Nice write up, I agree with you a 100% on that, are bikes were never designed for the strip but people use them down there any ways. But yeah I say he needs an exhaust thats not a under tail by the looks of it for sure!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts