Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright not a comptition but I'm sure we have some stupid stories floating around here.
Me: Broken fork seals and was too lazy to change my brake pads and poor. Next ride out on an unfamiliar road, my buddy makes an emergency stop so I start stopping behind him to realize hes not stopping he is turing left in front of me. I knew I had over shot the turn so I decided I would go straight, he turns right in front of me...i tried to stop, no time and T-boned him at 35 mph...totalled his bike and he hasnt been able to ride since (money reasons). So for being lazy and trying to save $60 it cost me $400 for a new rim and 13 weeks waiting for it to come in from the shop, who forgot to tell me I needed bearings! They order the bearings, I pay for overnight shipping, the bearings get there and SHOCKER those idiots forgot I needed a spacer, which they didnt order! Total of 16 weeks down..it sucked. My rates didn't go up because it was my first accident ever.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i knew that my front tire was bald and yet still went canyon riding cuz i met up with some friends and they talked me into going. 30 minutes into the ride, my bike slams into the guard rail from low siding. outcome was a totalled gixxer 7 fiddy, scapes and bruises as well as a higher insurance rate

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
look ma no hands, look ma no........o shit!

BD

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i have lots of dumb stories but i dont want to get made fun of by you guys too.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
where they at, where they at, where they at?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
girls....been there done that...was so close to being real ugly..

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then there was the old lets do a rolling burnout for the school bus, bike got sideways and I rolled through a busy intersection before I got the bike back under control...luckily nobody went through it or I would have been a nice wet spot on the road.

OR

The time when I tried and failed to change my own fork seals. What a disaster that was.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I got it.... try putting new spark plugs in old bike the lazy way... dont take off radiator and using swivels. Crossthread a lil, break off spark plug below the bolt. Hmm, what to do now... ez-out it! Nope, ceramic inside cylinder doesnt sound like a good idea... So because I was lazy and didnt want to take the radiator off, I then had to take the whole head off to drill the damn spark plug out! Lesson learned, dont take the easy way out... sometimes it leads to a much harder path... and more downtime!

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
oh yeah, i got hit my a parked car. top that

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
dude it just popped up outta nowhere man, i never as dumb as i did

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
A long time ago, when I was 16 years old, I lived north of town and my best friend lived on the south side. We would get on the phone and he would start timing my trip to his house as soon as I hung up. I was screaming through town on my Yammy DT175 with no helmet, riding wheelies all over the place. It wasn't until several years later I discovered that one of the intersections I was speeding through didn't have a stop sign on any of the four corners. I was just lucky that there was never a car there when I was blowing through. That's only one of many reasons I shouldn't be alive today.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ahhhh- teenage ignorance... How about riding through town on my KE125 looking for the cops, sticking them the bird then taking off for the edge of town. As soon as I reached the sugarcane fields it's was all over for 'em. This went on for awhile. ..till I got ratted out/recognized. The next time they were waiting at the parents house. Mom was some kind of PO'd.

..Hope my son isn't lurking on this forum.....

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
10RPilot said:
A long time ago, when I was 16 years old, I lived north of town and my best friend lived on the south side. We would get on the phone and he would start timing my trip to his house as soon as I hung up. I was screaming through town on my Yammy DT175 with no helmet, riding wheelies all over the place. It wasn't until several years later I discovered that one of the intersections I was speeding through didn't have a stop sign on any of the four corners. I was just lucky that there was never a car there when I was blowing through. That's only one of many reasons I shouldn't be alive today.
your a bad bad bad boy....now you may move on....:}

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
miykl said:
Ahhhh- teenage ignorance... How about riding through town on my KE125 looking for the cops, sticking them the bird then taking off for the edge of town. As soon as I reached the sugarcane fields it's was all over for 'em. This went on for awhile. ..till I got ratted out/recognized. The next time they were waiting at the parents house. Mom was some kind of PO'd.

..Hope my son isn't lurking on this forum.....
oh my god...i would have loved to seen you face when you got home and saw the cops talking to mom....oh shit i wish i was a fly on the wall when the cops left....

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ya, it wasn't pretty. Dad took the key. ..no worries, the ignition was real simple to bypass!! After I got my first car (18 y/o) we would race through town- in reverse!! (forward was just boring) That was no good when we got caught. Got myself one hell of a beating by a PO'd cop. It was deserved. I had a mouth on me and a temper. Besides, they let me cool off in a holding cell then let me go no charges. The good ol days and small town life...... Try those antics now and you'd be locked down making honeymoon plans with your your cell mates Bubba and Tiny.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts