Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I engange the steering lock? Push the key down and turn all the way to the left, but then I can't pull the key out?

Also, if you turn the key all the way to the right the parking light disengages, but thats all I notice? Whats the point of having the ability to turn the key past the ON position?

Thanks, sorry for the dumb question :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
When you turn your key to the left make sure it is on the lock setting not past it and then make sure that your handle bars are turned to the left. you might have to move the handle bars a little to the right after fully to the left.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, you have to have the rack turned to the left, gotcha!

Thank you. :)

How about turning the key all the way to the right, whats the point? Turns the parking lights off, is it for diagnostics?

Sean

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not a problem at all. are you sure it doesn't turn the parking lights on?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It's left lock on the steering so that the front wheel contact patch ends up further right. Centre of gravity remains pretty much in the same place, so further inside the support points when parked, therefore more stable. I think past the on posi swithes park lights on. Better than Suzuki setup where the lock has 2 lh positions. Park lights being the futhermost left. During the day it is too easy to go 1 position too far and your bike is loked, but when you come back the battery is flat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts