Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my ignorance: Other than having no clear plastics to acomodate the lights or the lack of mirrors, what is the benefit of buying one of this kits??
Sorry I don´t get it

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Fiberglass racing bodywork? Far, far less expensive than OEM plastics, and it is much more easily repaired after a crash.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
You can buy a good set of used racing plastics for around $400 or a new set for under a $1,000. I bought a set for my 6R and painted it with a rattle can. When I wrecked, I didn't give a shit. I would have cried if I scratched up my good OEM plastics on the track. I've seen everything from duct taped to zip tied repairs on race plastics.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance: Other than having no clear plastics to acomodate the lights or the lack of mirrors, what is the benefit of buying one of this kits??
Sorry I don´t get it
Along with the other answers...when you remove the lights and signals you are left with holes that must be filled. My stock plastics are already rashed so I just stripped the lights and signals and coverred the holes with painters tape for the track. If I inverst in new body work, it'll be Sharkskins street glass to replace the OEM stuff. Screw it...damn 10's have no resale anyway, not going to spend the bux on oem plastic. Pluss i want to paint it ducati white. :cool:

·
Registered
787 Posts
They also give you a fully enclosed belly pan to contain any fluids you may inadvertently dump on the track... :idea:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Sharkskinz are the best.Fitment is easy and looks a+++++.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts