Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Did you see the article from Honda on retractable winglets, I read The winglet is good for lower speeds but at higher speed causes unwanted drag so they will be retractable, along with other things like vibrating body work. Strange concepts that may work,

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
515 Posts
I have the Puig winglets on my 2018 se, I like how they look but with the electronic suspension it makes the bike feel funny, I think it interprets the downforce as me weighing more and adjusts the suspension which makes the ride way more uncomfortable. They are just sitting in my garage now.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
515 Posts
Yes, yes they were, have the black and the transparent green winglets tips for them too but like j said they mess with how my suspension adjusts itself while I'm riding and it bugs the fuck out of me. I should sell them for like 150 or something, take a loss but at least not have them get destroyed in my garage
Those are expensive

·
The Pace
6,953 Posts
Be interesting to see pro with this mod on their bikes WITH admin standing by with stop watch once they dial into a wing configuration.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
515 Posts
Be interesting to see pro with this mod on their bikes WITH admin standing by with stop watch once they dial into a wing configuration.
Hmm, pretty sure they all use this shit now in wsbk but could be wrong, don't really watch it. For sure it makes a difference, can tell just from the front tire wear when I had them on and the stability at higher speeds. Not sure bout much else except wind from the side fucked with the bike a ton more when I had them on. It prevents the air from just slipping around the bike if it isn't coming from the front. Or at least messes with how easily it slips around it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts