Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30 years of riding and had my first "at fault" street wreck today. Don't worry the 10 is fine. :wink: Instead I buggard every piece of the 999R's skin (all Carbon Fiber). What isn't trashed is rashed. Went into a marked 30 left turn behind a riding buddy (on a ten). Lane was split with half of it sinking. He went in deep and turned hard. I fugging pannicked for a split second, then pressed hard on the left bar, bike did a lil dance due to the lane split, pannicked again, stood her up and took the easy exit into a long country front yard at about 60. Damn... the grass was wet. Not slowing down, can't steer, and an old truck and trailer home are getting bigger in my eyes. Time to lay her down. Nice soft wet grass anyway right? WTF!!! I'm getting tossed over the top! How'd this happen?? I stop slidding 20 yards from the trailor house and truck. Bike stopped 10 yards b4 me. I jump up and pick it up. Surveying the damage as the owners come out. They're asking how I am, I'm wanting to get the hell on out, ego severly bruised. On the spot assesment was broken right mirror, front fairing and stay, and right pannel. I appoligize for the ruts in their yard, they keep asking if ZI'm sure I'm ok. Head off to catch the guys that didn't even see me down when they passed. Finished the ride. Tore it down once i got home to find all the boday parts broken or cracked. Me??? Oh.. nice of you to ask! Sore shoulders, stiff left ring finger, and rashed right hip. Two piece suits suck!! Well..only having a rear connecting zipper is BS. Glad it was grass and not asphault!! The strange thing is anytime I've had a close call It ruined the rest of the ride, confidence shot. Not so today. I got back on and rode like nothing happened. Strange...

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too worried about the Duc. It's insured. Way I see it the old saying,
"two kinds of riders, those who have been down and those who will go down" has finally caught up. Got mine over with easy. Now it's time to go out and play with no worries!!

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
miykl said:
"two kinds of riders, those who have been down and those who will go down" has finally caught up. Got mine over with easy. Now it's time to go out and play with no worries!!

I hear that. I kiss the pavement twice. I get once wasn't good enough:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
708 Posts
miykl said:
good way to look at it ,glad you're O.K.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Glad you are OK. Sounds like you did all you could to save it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay. I hate logging on and reading these post about our members wrecking.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
glad to hear the ten is fine:badteeth:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Damn, remember to send those people a nice Christmas card for building you a run-off area. :D Really glad to hear you are OK.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Got to agree with Fred S about the run off. Good it wasn't a big curb or fence. Post a few picts of the Duc so we can be miserable with you. I'm a Duc guy at heart (from the old school 900SS bevel drive) and my wife rides an S2R so we feel your pain.

Glad you OK though. God's speed.

Wuff

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL--- I'm all, good. soreness setting in. Nothing a good soak or ten in the hot tub won't fix. Thanks for the well wishes. The Duc and I will be fine. A few Pesos (the new US currancy soon) short from yesterday but all's well that ends well!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts