Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Looks very nice.

Three questions:

1) Is the stock main oil pump retained, unaltered?

2) What kind of oiling troubles were you having? Just wondering why the stock system didn't work.

3) That looks like a scavenge pump where the stock water pump was. Do you have an electric water pump for the cooling system?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Looks very nice.

Three questions:

1) Is the stock main oil pump retained, unaltered?

2) What kind of oiling troubles were you having? Just wondering why the stock system didn't work.

3) That looks like a scavenge pump where the stock water pump was. Do you have an electric water pump for the cooling system?
with 450 plus hp u need a good oil system im sure it uses the stock pump with a 2 stage scavange pump

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well sure (every engine needs a good oil system), but all a dry sump does is move the oil supply somewhere else.

I'm guessing this is a drag bike and the stock pick up was getting uncovered under hard acceleration? In that case I can certainly understand why the dry sump helps.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Well sure (every engine needs a good oil system), but all a dry sump does is move the oil supply somewhere else.

I'm guessing this is a drag bike and the stock pick up was getting uncovered under hard acceleration? In that case I can certainly understand why the dry sump helps.
Im not sure what his issues were but it is a drag bike that im pretty sure had a flat pan with moving pickup im sure he will chim in soon

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
With a wet sump, it cannot keep up with with 2 plus g's of acceleration. No matter what anyone says. Plus when you lean on a 1000 motor past 350 hp it gets very temperamental. We did oiling mods to the cases and the crank so a dry sump will top off the list. This motor should stay together for a little while. Keep in mind I make 500 hp with 30 lbs of boost:thumbsup:

I will probably freshen it up after 3 or 4 trips to the track:mrgreen:

Depending on what the oil pressure logs say

I am going to a electric water pump as well

It uses the stock supply pump and it uses a two stage scavenge pump. The system will have an oik supply tank that will be mounted in the swing arm. Once that is done I will post more shots. It also has a water to air intercooler that we are thinking about going to an air to air if it fits or using another median to cool with.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
So pretty. Do you have a nice baffled oil tank? I used a dry sump on a turbo drag ZRX and it still ate up bearings until I baffled the hell out of the tank, and used 9 quarts of oil. No shit.

I'm going to PM my email, could you send some pics of your shift cylinder set up?

Dean

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its a Petterson tank. Hasn't come in yet. I know Seb and Keith as well as Dwayne and a few others run them without any issues.

Dean, I would be happy to send you all the info I have if you could tell me what a shift cylinder is...... :crackup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
My god, this is pretty awesome and I diddnt even realize it was available!!! My bike makes around 300 rwhp at the top end of the track and there have been more then a few times when the dummy light starts flashin at the top end of the track and I have a flat pan with a swivel pickup.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My god, this is pretty awesome and I diddnt even realize it was available!!! My bike makes around 300 rwhp at the top end of the track and there have been more then a few times when the dummy light starts flashin at the top end of the track and I have a flat pan with a swivel pickup.
Thats why I went to a dry sump

1 - 20 of 35 Posts