Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently rebuilt an 06zx10R. When I tore the bike down I noticed the clutch pack was dry. Thought it odd at the time as I race dirt bikes and the clutches always come out wet. I did some reading on this clutch and most want to use the 04/05 slipper disc and get the stack height correct. Some even add GSXR intake valve spring X3.

After installing clutches in motor (WET) and riding a few times around the block I noticed the clutch was grabby. Took it apart and the clutches were dry again. At this point I am thinking my oil is low, I missed some oil port to lube them or other. Any advice appreciated.

While I was in the basket again, I welded the 3 rivets as I saw a similar post on doing this mod.

The total weight of rider and bike is 700lbs and will be used for drag racing 1/8 mile. If anyone has a good link to a lockup+ spacer plate or other means to have this clutch hold up, please advise. I don't have lots of cash for a slipper, so I need something <500 to set me straight. Whether it be specific clutches + springs or other.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
997 Posts
There is a mod to drilling pilot holes in the inner basket and grouving the clutch rod to allow more oil to flow to the basket. Google Zx12 clutch oil mod.

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Agree with above its a good modification, cheap and simple which cures the issue <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/ZX-10R_net_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" >:)</a>
Have u done it to your bike?
Yes there's no reason not to it's all positive costs nothing and takes 20 minutes or so if the clutch is out already.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes there's no reason not to it's all positive costs nothing and takes 20 minutes or so if the clutch is out already.
I agree 100%. However, why is the stock clutch dry? This seems to be common issue. Are they supposed to be wet clutches or designed to be basically a dry system? I see so many posts on removing clutches, oil them and re-install. This seems like insanity... How would this even help for more than 15 minutes?!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts