Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed Guhl ECU flash and PC5 last week. I got first symptoms second day, no power, engine was "burping". Switched ignition off and back on. No issues for a week. Today at the morning, no power, engine sounded bad, "burping". During lunch break same thing, first worked well, then two times in a row one cylinder out and "burping".

Started to google.

FW was 1.8.5, now I updated FW to 1.9.2. I hope this will end this story. Will update.
It was working well one month after FW update. Even did one fast pace track day with it. No problems.

Having big issues now. I washed my bike this weekend and after that it has not run well. Immediately after wash I got Code 11 (Throttle sensor). I warmed up the engine and the Code did not appear again. Next day, same thing when I started the motor, Code 11. After 5min idling Code was gone.

After these two days I have not seen any Codes. Still my bike is not running well. This morning on my way to work, constant cut-offs, not just "burping" losing one cylinder, but I loose all power. Could drive like 40mph max. When gear is in neutral it revs fine.

Any ideas? I can try to downgrade to 1.6.10 today. I can open everything and check connections. Could water in the TPS connector cause this? Could loose gear position sensor/connection to PC5 (that one you need to splice) cause this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was working well one month after FW update. Even did one fast pace track day with it. No problems.

Having big issues now. I washed my bike this weekend and after that it has not run well. Immediately after wash I got Code 11 (Throttle sensor). I warmed up the engine and the Code did not appear again. Next day, same thing when I started the motor, Code 11. After 5min idling Code was gone.

After these two days I have not seen any Codes. Still my bike is not running well. This morning on my way to work, constant cut-offs, not just "burping" losing one cylinder, but I loose all power. Could drive like 40mph max. When gear is in neutral it revs fine.

Any ideas? I can try to downgrade to 1.6.10 today. I can open everything and check connections. Could water in the TPS connector cause this? Could loose gear position sensor/connection to PC5 (that one you need to splice) cause this?
Edit. downgraded to 1.6.10, did not help. Still the same. Need to dig into the wiring tonight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Power commander firmware

I had this problem a couple of years ago and removed the PCV. I have booked my bike in with a really good local tuner and he is going to install it and Dynotune it. The latest firmware is. V1.10.6. Has anyone tried it. It was last updated on 1/6/2013 so I hope it is good. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm currently using the latest firmware from powercommander 700 miles later and still no problems *knock on wood * going in next Thursday for a custom tune currently running a graves slip on with bmc race filter and block offs with a generic tune loaded

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dropped bike off for custom dyno......Delivered to shop with damn near 900 miles on it after a few weeks of putting on heavy miles with latest firmware no issues (knock on wood) Will have dyno done on Thursday and will take some long rides after that, Will post in here again after a few thousand to confirm no issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well for the sake of anyone wanting to know if the latest version firmware is still confirmed to work I feel pretty confident to say it does. Over 1,000 miles on my bike and she's good. Dyno was done last week put on about 200 since then and still good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well for the sake of anyone wanting to know if the latest version firmware is still confirmed to work I feel pretty confident to say it does. Over 1,000 miles on my bike and she's good. Dyno was done last week put on about 200 since then and still good.
I did a track day today on the latest firmware. The bike ran perfectly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a Euro spec bike with a flashed ECU. Does anyone know if I still need the O2 optimizer with the PCV?

·
Registered
6 Posts
reflash

Archer I have been trying to send you a message but not successful.
What hardware are you using to perform your reflashes?
Woolich racing is moving and has not responded to my email, ghouls not respond, factory pro not respond.
I want to do the work myself. I want to unlock the ecu on my 2005zx10r

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok guys I pull my fi code and it was 39 (battery) now when I start the bike up the rpms spike up to about 3500k then after a couple of seconds it idles fine and suggestions? And I'am running pcv auto tune kn filter block off plates and a archer ecu flash

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi all,
Got a Euro spec as well. tryed the 1.9.2 but still having issues. any updates on this? help appreciated.

bike spec: PC5+autotune + Austin racing GPR2R slip on

·
Registered
111 Posts
Seems like I'm having an issue with this, or something, as well.

Mods: Akra slip-on, PC5, ECU flash (rumored, but haven't confirmed)

Symptoms:

-Had a slight stumbling feeling a few days ago. Lasted 5 seconds, maybe. Roads were wet and I chalked it up to the TC. A few minutes prior though, my fuel light came on so I stopped and got a full tank of gas: 93 octane.

-Did the stumbling again today on my way home, however it didn't quit. Same tank of gas. 10-ish or so miles from fuel light coming on. Started sounds like a v-twin. Found the closest parking lot and pulled in and it shut off on it's own. Can smell the fuel.

-Tried to restart once, but it made a very loud squealing sound from underneath the tank. Pushed it home.

3,100 miles...all fluids changed within the last 1,100 miles. I do have a 2 year, $0 deductible warranty. It was dark by the time I got home, so I didn't lift the tank to peak around. And quite honestly, I bought the warranty so I don't have to screw with it. I am mechanically inclined however.

Could the PC5 be the problem?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Im having this issue..called dynojet and will be returning so they can test.
gotta be sonething wrong. Bike ran fine before i installed it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Im having this issue..called dynojet and will be returning so they can test.
gotta be sonething wrong. Bike ran fine before i installed it.
Did you have the squealing too?

Damn bike kept running like dog crap. I updated the firmware and still had no change. I ended up removing the PC5 to try it without it for the second time. It did have the "stock/zero map" uploaded so I assumed the PC wasn't doing anything except powering on. After removing it, the bike has been running like a beast for the past few weeks. I haven't had time to get a hold of Dynojet about the unit, but will be doing so this week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a gen 3 same issue, bike keeps stalling. I removed the pcv and it is fine I suspect a faulty pcv as it makes no difference which map I run.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts