Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gen 3 with 24,000 miles. Bazzaz ZFi, TRE, Block offs. And starting a few weeks ago I would start it up and it would be running on 3 cylinders and it would be throwing raw fuel out the pipe . And after a while it would run on all 4 cylinders. it keeps going back and forth. I pulled the plugs and it looked like the #1 plug was fouled so I replaced it and flushed my tank. Airfilter was clean so no worries there. It ran good for a while and then it dropped the #1 cyl again. I switched the #1 and #4 coil sticks to see if could have been the coil. It didnt do it again for 2 weeks but then it dropped the #1 cyl again. It seems to do it on start up more then any other time. And its intermittent So Im thinking my #1 injector might be stickin open when my fuel system primes. Any ideas?:dontknow:

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
If there is fuel in the exhaust, then the injector probably does work. I suspect the problem is somewhere else, especially since it did work for a while after you replaced the plug.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im thinking of removing the injectors and ultrasonic cleaning them. I will also remove the Bazzaz at some point. I just want to do one thing at a time so I can try to pinpoint the problem with out throwing a ton of money at it.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
thats a very smart and wise option to do, and removing the Bazzaz is the best option to follow that, since its really the only thing electrically non-stock dealing with fuel

·
Registered
755 Posts
+1 on removing the bazzaz first.. When I started having problems with my gen 3 dropping a cylinder a couple months back I disconnected the PCV and bam it was running sweet again:wink:

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
+1 on removing the bazzaz first.. When I started having problems with my gen 3 dropping a cylinder a couple months back I disconnected the PCV and bam it was running sweet again:wink:
How do you know it was dropping a cylinder and only running 3? ( I'm just trying to learn as much as possible )

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
How do you know it was dropping a cylinder and only running 3? ( I'm just trying to learn as much as possible )
One header pipe cooler than others. Spray some water on the headers and see if it evaporates equally fast. Or you can use an infrared thermometer.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
or the blistered hand favorite of touch it lol. Please dont do this!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Might be a stator going out...

What year ZX do you have? I had massive problems with my Gen4. Finally found out it was the firmware in the Power Commander.

Speedy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts