Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would rather drop the forks in the triple clamps than strap it how far can I go before I hav issues with the fender hitting the bottom of the upper cowling?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I would say to you if your dropping your bike a good setup would be 1.5" or 2" flat with a 2" drop in the back and also push it out maybe a good 4-6" on the swing arm, gear it lower maybe 16/42 or 15/42 is what I run at the strip...But from your nose to the fender at 2" will have about a hole 1/4" or maybe just a little more. You wont be able to turn worth shit though so you know!!! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just my opinion but I think guys strap the front instead of dropping them in the trees, because when the fork travel of an unstrapped fork would be way to much (Like close to 3") and when you wheelied or hit a bump it would smash the front fender into the front fairing. A problem you don't have with strapping the forks because you basically forced the forks to use all of there effective travel, thus they wouldn't be able to impact the front fairing. I would think you would want to get the springs cut down, rather then just dropping the trees. Just my :2cents:, but I'm not a drag guy.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Probably not far, only an inch or two.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Pretty low! Lower than 2 inches. Never had a problem

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
^I can't believe that never hit the lower fairing! Did you remove your fork oil and fill it with concrete? My forks compress farther than that leaving the neighborhood.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
^I can't believe that never hit the lower fairing! Did you remove your fork oil and fill it with concrete? My forks compress farther than that leaving the neighborhood.
Nope, only time I hit the bottom is a pothole or a speed bump, but I pretty much try to avoid those. So scraping and rubbing isn't a problem for me as you can tell by my bottom fairing. Still have my fork oil, adjusted my suspension to not hop around as much as I would have it if it were to be stock height.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I guess it's just like lowered cars... You learn ways around obstacles.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Dropped mine 31mm and it works well. I can still ride rough roads and not hit the headlight or fairings.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dropped my '07 1.25" in front. About 2.5" in rear. Strap it also when im at track. I have stock head pipes, and the flange underneath rubs a teeny bit on speed bumps around town, unstrapped. Usually try to avoid those. Also trimmed the rear part of my lowers. They rub when loading/unloading from the trailer. Better to trim em than break em... :eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Bike looks nice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
around 6,000. need to stretch it, or get better at controlling the clutch. likes to to jump up on me if i leave any higher than that

1 - 20 of 23 Posts