Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a new 2016. The first few times I rode it, I didn't notice any noise like this, but while I was out today, I started hearing this droning whine when the wheels are turning at low speed. I can also "feel it" through the footpegs. Once the bike gets up to road speed, I don't hear/feel it anymore. A few minutes before I started noticing it, I did hit a divot in the road kind of hard where a utility cover was. I should have avoided it, but the suspension seemed to take it ok. I guess I'm just kind of concerned that maybe I messed something up with the new bike. Or maybe it's perfectly normal. It's possible I'm just being paranoid since it's a brand new bike.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I recently picked up a new 2016. The first few times I rode it, I didn't notice any noise like this, but while I was out today, I started hearing this droning whine when the wheels are turning at low speed. I can also "feel it" through the footpegs. Once the bike gets up to road speed, I don't hear/feel it anymore. A few minutes before I started noticing it, I did hit a divot in the road kind of hard where a utility cover was. I should have avoided it, but the suspension seemed to take it ok. I guess I'm just kind of concerned that maybe I messed something up with the new bike. Or maybe it's perfectly normal. It's possible I'm just being paranoid since it's a brand new bike.
My 2018 did the same thing when I first got it. I chalked it up to new pads still wearing in and eventually the whine dissipated as expected. Ride her hard man I'm 90% sure its just the new pads dragging slightly and it will go away.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Could be something as simple as intake noise man. I assume the bikes completely stock.. stock filter and exhaust. Once you start modding that thing it will sound completely different. If drone makes you paranoid don't ride an FZ09 :lol: in 5th & 6th gear mine sounds like a god damn Dodge Demon supercharger... I kinda love it :wink:

Here's something to lighten any concerns about road debris brother.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2018 did the same thing when I first got it. I chalked it up to new pads still wearing in and eventually the whine dissipated as expected. Ride her hard man I'm 90% sure its just the new pads dragging slightly and it will go away.
I did notice it mostly seems to happen after the rear brake has been applied, once I take off again at low speeds, so you might be on to something about the brake pads. Like I said, I'm probably just being paranoid since it's a brand new bike, but this does help ease my mind a bit. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be something as simple as intake noise man. I assume the bikes completely stock.. stock filter and exhaust. Once you start modding that thing it will sound completely different. If drone makes you paranoid don't ride an FZ09 :lol: in 5th & 6th gear mine sounds like a god damn Dodge Demon supercharger... I kinda love it :wink:

Here's something to lighten any concerns about road debris brother. Superbike Suspension Test - YouTube
Bike is completely stock right now. Only has 50 miles on it. I think it might be something to do with the brakes wearing in, since it noise seems to mostly happen shorty after the rear brakes have been used.

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
If you forget about it during a ride, then dismiss the memory of whatever after the ride.

You'r getting in the way of the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts