Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to invite everyone in the Ky, Tn and surrounding region out to Burkesville Ky on Aug. 25th for the 4th annual Draggin the Alpine. I have about a mile long stretch of really tight curvy road shut down for the day and we dragg knee up and down the hill. There is no charge to ride and as long as the weather is good were riding. I run it close to a track day with 15 to 20 bikes on the hill for 30 min at a time. Each group has a designated lead bike which is usually a participant and can change if there is someone faster. There is a designated trail bike that doesn't change which is one of our riders working the event and no one is free to make a return pass until the tail gunner gives the ok. We have corner workers to warn of unseen hazards and ems on standby. We do tech the bikes to ensure safety and have monitors riding along. You basically have the freedom to ride on a closed course to the best of your ability. We require a valid license with motorcycle endorsement, insurance, and at least long pants, riding jacket, over the ankle boots, gloves, and helmet but full leathers are recommended. If you want to come in on Friday night you can book a room at the Alpine motel or Riverfront lodge in Burkesville Ky. We start riding a 8am and quit around 5pm with an hour lunch break which gives us 16/ 30 min sessions and I like to see everyone get to ride at least 2 sessions. The first two or three sessions are usually thin so if your there ready to go at 8am it is possible to get to ride for an hour or more because most riders dont start showing up until 10am.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
that sounds awesome! Y does all the good shit have to happen so far away???

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had several zx10s on the hill Sat. including one 4th gen. I have a facebook page with lots of pics and video called draggin the alpine, check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts