Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
several of us ran the 1/8th tonight. Ive got 7 slips in the 6.50's and 60's. Best of 6.53 with a 1.72 60ft. It was fun.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
That's a great 60' time. I'm trying to get there and lower.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good To See Somebody Write About Drag Racing I Use To Do It Alot,i Just Got A 10 And Went To The Track For The First Time Last Saturday.my Name Is A Joke To My Freinds,so Don't Think I'm A Jerk But The First Hit Of The Trailer It Did A 1.69 In The 60ft Witch For Me Is Not That Good For Being Of The Track For A While But By The 4th Pass I Went A 1.58 In The 60ft But I Need To Do A 1.50 To A 1.52 To Hang With The Guys That Run The Tx Shootout Witch I Have Run In The Past.i Run On The Street But The Track Is Where It Is At,when Ya'll Get Down In 1.58 Range You Know That You Have Done Something.ya'll Just Need Seat Time It Will Come To You.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HIRED JOCKEY said:
Good To See Somebody Write About Drag Racing I Use To Do It Alot,i Just Got A 10 And Went To The Track For The First Time Last Saturday.my Name Is A Joke To My Freinds,so Don't Think I'm A Jerk But The First Hit Of The Trailer It Did A 1.69 In The 60ft Witch For Me Is Not That Good For Being Of The Track For A While But By The 4th Pass I Went A 1.58 In The 60ft But I Need To Do A 1.50 To A 1.52 To Hang With The Guys That Run The Tx Shootout Witch I Have Run In The Past.i Run On The Street But The Track Is Where It Is At,when Ya'll Get Down In 1.58 Range You Know That You Have Done Something.ya'll Just Need Seat Time It Will Come To You.
I'd love to get a 1.58 60 ft.. This is my 4th time ever drag racing. Its fun tho.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BIKEMIKE said:
This is what I was waiting for, a "REAL" track!
well wait no longer... 9.87 1/4 mile tonight.... 1.67 60 ft...6.47 1/8th....dam thats a trip.. :thumbsup:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Bobster said:
well wait no longer... 9.87 1/4 mile tonight.... 1.67 60 ft...6.47 1/8th....dam thats a trip.. :thumbsup:
Congrats Bobster...thats a great time!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
That's awesome! What the hell is wrong with me then? Everybody in the 9's, and my best is a 10.2? WTF!?!?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1killer1liter said:
That's awesome! What the hell is wrong with me then? Everybody in the 9's, and my best is a 10.2? WTF!?!?
lol, I dont know but try a 16T... First time i used the stocker for a 10.16.....last night i tried the 16T for the 9.87.....next week i hope to try my 15T and see whats up... hopefully not my front tire.. :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bobster said:
lol, I dont know but try a 16T... First time i used the stocker for a 10.16.....last night i tried the 16T for the 9.87.....next week i hope to try my 15T and see whats up... hopefully not my front tire.. :lol:
IF YOU GO TO A 15T YOU START TO ROB HP FROM THE MOTOR GO TWO OR MORE UP IN THE REAR AND ADD SOME LINKS TO THE CHAIN GET THE WHEEL BACK AS FAR AS YOU CAN. WITH THE 15T THE BEND STARTS TO BECOME TO MUCH.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HIRED JOCKEY said:
IF YOU GO TO A 15T YOU START TO ROB HP FROM THE MOTOR GO TWO OR MORE UP IN THE REAR AND ADD SOME LINKS TO THE CHAIN GET THE WHEEL BACK AS FAR AS YOU CAN. WITH THE 15T THE BEND STARTS TO BECOME TO MUCH.
I understand your point. Others have used it with good results. So im going to try it at least once.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I have a 16t front with a 41 rear. What is your trap speed, bobster?

·
Registered
777 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I have a 16t front with a 41 rear. What is your trap speed, bobster?
That should be equal or close to a 15t.I seen a guy the other night with a 16 front 42 rear on the juice running 5.80 at 123mph in the 1/8th..He was stretched though.He said his best is 126mph. know that is hard to beleive even on the bottle.I seen the 123 run he was consistent all night nobody could even come close to his times.He was 60 footing high 1.40's.That was awesome.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with you. More seat time and suspension setups but other than that you will get even better. Remember, even some Mags don't even get into the 9s when they test the 10. They always have controll problems or other issues with setup, weather, track conditions etc.

By the way. I might be ready in 2 or 3 weeks for Sac Raceway so I'll let you know when I'm going. Also PM me with your email so I can send you your pics from last week.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
bluedevil said:
Also PM me with your email so I can send you your pics from last week.
...or you could post em!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts