Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a 6" stretched 10 at the track Im 1 down in the front and have a 45 on the back, just wondering what everyone else might be running Im thinking about going up a few more teeth, but i somtimes ride on the street. Let me know what you guys are running and how its working

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
kawas1400 said:
I am running a 6" stretched 10 at the track Im 1 down in the front and have a 45 on the back, just wondering what everyone else might be running Im thinking about going up a few more teeth, but i somtimes ride on the street. Let me know what you guys are running and how its working
Is it an 04-05 zx 10? If so that's -1f +6r. You don't run out of gear? I am
-1f, +3r but I'm stock wheel base. What are your times and trap speeds?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maze said:
Is it an 04-05 zx 10? If so that's -1f +6r. You don't run out of gear? I am
-1f, +3r but I'm stock wheel base. What are your times and trap speeds?
Yes its a 2004 Im going tru in the top of 4th at 9.56 at 143mph launching at 10,000 it seems to work great but would like to come out a little lighter without a bog, and use 5th

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
kawas1400 said:
Yes its a 2004 Im going tru in the top of 4th at 9.56 at 143mph launching at 10,000 it seems to work great but would like to come out a little lighter without a bog, and use 5th
What rpm are you launching at. With that gearing you shouldn't be bogging espically with the swingarm you have. I launch at 6000 with my bike so you should probably try launching at a higher rpm. I don't know about adding more teeth to the rear I think that that wouldn't make a huge difference

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maze said:
What rpm are you launching at. With that gearing you shouldn't be bogging espically with the swingarm you have. I launch at 6000 with my bike so you should probably try launching at a higher rpm. I don't know about adding more teeth to the rear I think that that wouldn't make a huge difference
Well I launch at 10,000 and it works great but I have a pile of clutches that i could make a kevlar vest out of LOL. It seems to work well I havent been passed by a streetbike at a track, just trying to make things not as violent

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
kawas1400 said:
Well I launch at 10,000 and it works great but I have a pile of clutches that i could make a kevlar vest out of LOL. It seems to work well I havent been passed by a streetbike at a track, just trying to make things not as violent
Let me ask a few guys who ride long bikes. I think that you need to get off of the clutch a little earlier but if your bogging than I don't think that is the issue if your launching that high. I'll get back to you.

·
Banned
856 Posts
-2 front. stock rear.
i get the best 330 that way ive tried other stuff but thats what works for me.
playing with the gearing what you really wanna look at is the 330

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am stock wheel base and I have -2 in the front, stock rear. I hit 142mph at the trap in 4th gear. I am going to extend my bike 6" when I get back from Japan and add +2 in the rear, that should put me at 147-150 going thru the traps....

·
Registered
448 Posts
:+1: -2 front, stock rear went 9.87 - 141 or 142 ish. Was bracket racing though so I didn't really get to push the bike out of the hole.

I also noticed that the natural wheelie these bike do at the top first went away with the gear change. :dontknow:

·
Registered
123 Posts
i haven't been to the strip, but i have 15 for the front and stock 39 in the back that im gonna try. Also, gonna strap it and lower it....i can't wait!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm approx 61" I run a 15/41 and have been 9.14 @150. Have also tried 15/39, trap speed 148-149. Weight plays a great factor as well, I'm about 165. All I can say is experiment and see what works best for you. How do you guys launch at 10,000! Wow!

·
Registered
848 Posts
10,000 my bike spins like hell! All that gearing and you launch at 10k??? You must ride the hell outta that clutch! Try to take off at around 8k and let that damn clutch out!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I bounce off the limiter when I'm launching. I'm not the best, but I don't like to bog. I have 16/41 and weigh 210-220 with gear and a best of 9.98 @ 142 stock wheelbase. I'm trying a few suspension things this year.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Short wheelbase, leave @ 10g's, Best E.t 9.61, -1 +1, will be trying a different gearing setup this year though.....2006 ZX-10R.....Stock exhaust, pc3r plus ignition module....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I run a -1F +4R (16-43), mainly for canyons so I get the extra compression breaking. It tends to slip tires ATM on the strip, so will either back down on the rear (41) or grab a softer tire. No swing arm extenders for me, gotta keep it track ready :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts