Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I always wear/wore full leathers when racing a motorcycle at the track.. I am just curious tho since the bottoms in the link i attached below looks like it would be good enough for those twisty track days what do you think about it on the drag strip? They look lilke they'd support you fairly well. Would they let you run with it on? Just curious b/c for the price I wouldn't mine getting a set and trying to see if they let me wear them.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/9/1359/CITEM/Shift-Racing-Assault-Pants---2007-Closeouts.aspx

·
Registered
543 Posts
Those are dirt bike pants dude. I am fairly certain no track would let you wear those. I know with the tracks in my area there are increasing restrictions with your times / the speed you go. Up here if you pass either 100 or 120 I can remember I think its 120 you need full leathers. If you are racing anything at the track Im gonna assume you will pass that mark. Save your money, buy leather.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are dirt bike pants dude. I am fairly certain no track would let you wear those. I know with the tracks in my area there are increasing restrictions with your times / the speed you go. Up here if you pass either 100 or 120 I can remember I think its 120 you need full leathers. If you are racing anything at the track Im gonna assume you will pass that mark. Save your money, buy leather.
Thanks. I didn't realize they WERE dirt's. I figured they were modeled after dirt track gear but were twisty certified :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Haha, no problem. At first I thought like you did, then realized it was just too good to be true and looked at the tabs that motorcyclesuperstore has.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:+1:

It's usually 120 mph you need FULL LEATHERS or a 2 piece that ZIPs into a 1 piece.

either way I have fairly thick leathers 1 piece and I don’t even trust those because bottom line if you go down your not going to get lucky and maybe run off into some dirt, the walls are going to keep you on the concrete and it’s going to hurt.

Most of the downs on the strip is at launch or at the end of the strip most likely due to OIL. If you go down on the end of the strip you could be doing 140mph plus so don’t take the cheap route get some good leathers when you can. :idea::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just like the other dude said it was a over sight :)

we all have blonde moments :)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
just like the other dude said it was a over sight :)

we all have blonde moments :)
lol...just don't have it on the drag strip with no gear. :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they'd kick ya off after your first pass anyhow. at least here they do..

one thing i always thought about was those drag vids on youtube where the guy goes up over the staging tree when he launches. i always though ugh i hope im not him :)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
they'd kick ya off after your first pass anyhow. at least here they do..

one thing i always thought about was those drag vids on youtube where the guy goes up over the staging tree when he launches. i always though ugh i hope im not him :)
how would you know they "kick ya off after your first pass"...on my track it may take them a few passes to realize your doing over 120mph and then kick you off but if you keep trying you will be banned from that strip...come on man a zx10r can do over 100mph in first gear so don't show up to the drag strip with no Gear. :idea: :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts