Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a stock 06 zx-10 and I am thinking of setting it up for some drag racing. I want to beat some of the busa's around here. I think most of them run around 6.6 1/8th.

What all would you put on your bike maybe list parts prices and where to find them.

Example
12" over arm built by keith www.keith.com $200
Air Shifter by ted www.ted.com $300
Lowering links by bill www.bill.com $20
Maybe if you have some of these mods post some pics.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ok I have a stock 06 zx-10 and I am thinking of setting it up for some drag racing. I want to beat some of the busa's around here. I think most of them run around 6.6 1/8th.

What all would you put on your bike maybe list parts prices and where to find them.

Example
12" over arm built by keith www.keith.com $200
Air Shifter by ted www.ted.com $300
Lowering links by bill www.bill.com $20
Maybe if you have some of these mods post some pics.

Well if most of the Busas are running 6.6s in the 1/8th mile than all you need is more seat time, just make sure the bike is lowered and strapped and you get some busa wins soon enough. :wink:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Well if most of the Busas are running 6.6s in the 1/8th mile than all you need is more seat time, just make sure the bike is lowered and strapped and you get some busa wins soon enough. :wink:
:+1:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
So what is the best place to get links and straps?
What should I pay?
Try this link http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/index.asp?category=250924&count=1

but post what you want in the "Sponsor" Section first to give the sponsors a chance to give you quotes. Ryan Schnitz is not a sponsor anymore and doesn't offer discounts to members here like most of the sponsors can.

Just go to the "Sponsor" section in this forum and ask for quotes for adjustable or just lowering links, plus straps for your model.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
who makes the low profile seats?
you should be able to find a extra seat on ebay pretty cheap and cut yourself i have a 07 zx10r, seat cut, lowered and bolt on extentions a+r silincers 15/42 gearing running 6.04 @120 you shouldnt have yo do any motor work

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you should be able to find a extra seat on ebay pretty cheap and cut yourself i have a 07 zx10r, seat cut, lowered and bolt on extentions a+r silincers 15/42 gearing running 6.04 @120 you shouldnt have yo do any motor work
Nice man!!
How long are your bolt-on?
Also I weigh in at 280 and i am 6'4''

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice man!!
How long are your bolt-on?
Also I weigh in at 280 and i am 6'4''
4-6" extensions wb is just about 62" i am about 200 lbs in leather

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i have bolt on extensions on my bike it is 7" and i weigth 280 in leather and i am 6'3".I am going to bring it to the track in the next couple weeks to see how it is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Schnitzracing.com Click on online shop then you will find a section for the ZX10. Happy shopping. Also, when I bought my 10R in May my first passes were 6.9s and 4 trips to the strip later I easily run consistant 6.5s. Which means more seat time = lower et's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
found em, thanks man. the place I go is a quarter mile, it's wicked fun and LEGAL to go 140!!! my second trip there I ran 10.508 as my best and like 10.55 pretty consistent. how horrible is that??

·
Registered
65 Posts
My first trip to Bristol got me a 10.3 @ 140 then I was kicked off the track for not having full leather. On that pass my 1/8 mile run was a 6.8 @ 112 which is alot slower than I have run at a local 1/8 track. With practice these bikes should run 9.9's almost stock and with a few mods 9.5's -9.7's are very capable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yeah man me too.....i cant bust out of the 10.1's for the life of me, all day long im hitting 10.12, 10.14, 10.10's...im lowered and strapped...and a co2 shifter...at least im consistant tho...just have to get my 60' times down but its just plain frustrating!!!!

its almost time to put her away for the winter then the building will start!!! but id like to see 9's the way i have her set up...we'll see what happens tho

1 - 20 of 25 Posts