Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
also you can take your seat to people who will "shave" it for you!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Hey i saw this at the track this weekend. people raceing there bike while sitting on the batterie???????? wtf? I know were shedding weight but damn! why would i take my seat off and sit on the battery? How much time could this take off?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I just talked to him and here's what he had to say. He did the work himself. He said he will do it for anyone that wants for 40 dollars. He can send more pics if interested. He also said he can do it with a less drastic cut if you life. He said the cut now is not bad at all though. Decently comfortable. BUT, for the first one that wants it, he said he will straight up trade for the stock seat because he is selling the bike and wants the stock seat on there.

For any of those interested, the bike is for sale. He has run a full season on the bike and the bike ran in the 5.9's on the 1/8 according to ProStar regulations. The bike is in really good shape. He is getting rid of it cause he is sponsered and has a busa, k5 1k, and I believe is getting a Mean Streak Turbo and possibly a ZX-14. Just let me know if you would like the seat or to get your seat done and I'll give you his info.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
damn i think i want that thing....... ask him if he can send me some pics. some better closer ones...

·
Registered
174 Posts
The main reason for cutting the seat down (or removing it completely) isn't to save weight, but to lower the overall center of gravity on the bike... Taking ~200lbs and lowering it 2-3" can make a pretty big difference.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GeorgeC said:
The main reason for cutting the seat down (or removing it completely) isn't to save weight, but to lower the overall center of gravity on the bike... Taking ~200lbs and lowering it 2-3" can make a pretty big difference.
:+1: I just did my seat exactly like this last week. I'll get some pics up. Real easy to do. I like the way the bike felt without the seat even on. With the seat like this it feels like you are in a saddle.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I am having one done by a local guy. He has done a bunch of my friends bikes and I figure I'll have mine done this winter. I will get the foam cut down and a profile similar to the one pictured, with custom stiching and the cover will be saddle leather. After all is said and done it should still be cheaper than a corbin seat and designed just for me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
GeorgeC said:
It's also a good idea if you are a dwarf, your arse drags on the ground, or if you are 6 ft 6" tall and like to keep your ears warm with the inside of your knees

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
well shit i think i want it but i dont want to hold anybody up either ya know... So if I got to think about it and this guys ready then roll on. its cool

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
He never did send me more pics last night. I'll put them up as soon as I get them though or email them out. I'll let ya know when I know.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
axo250 said:
He never did send me more pics last night. I'll put them up as soon as I get them though or email them out. I'll let ya know when I know.
I may post some pics today also. Of the seat and I painted the sets black last night. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts