Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to try it. I weigh 200lbs and more with gear so I bought a used seat and removed the cushion and fabric and ran the bike today with just the seat PAN(plastic only).

I usually can’t get out of 1st gear fast because the G forces pull me so hard to the back end of the bike and slide right over the seat rear. I needed to try something different.

So at the drag strip today 1st run on a bad prepped track I got a good run because I did not wheelie but did have some wheel spin in first. The Good thing though I did not have that PULL effect going backwards like I usually get even though I did only high 6.6s in the 1/8 mile I think it really helped me to get on the gas quicker.

I didn’t break any personal records but all this year I have been having problems even going over 141mph in the ¼ mile…..today I got 143mph the quickest of the night for stock bikes before bracket racing.

I only got 2 runs in and the first bike went by himself is a guy that works and races all the time in different racing classes at the track and tried to run on his personal Busa and went 10.17s @ 142mph. I was next and went [email protected] 143mph and we weigh about the same if not I weigh more. :cool:

Anyway just posting this if anyone else there is having the same sliding problems as me, this might help and I have a lot of testing to do with this seat(or lack of seat :lol:) but I think for now it’s going to be a Must Have like my lowering straps. :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Velcro? Slimfast?:lol: :heyyou:
There is no Velcro Strong enough....slimfast cost more than my SEAT and requires more work. :badteeth: :heyyou:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yea blue, runnin without the old "cusion" takes some serious getin used to. Your weight's really not that bad though. I'm like 175 ish in boxers witch puts me probably at 200 suited. And I can't remember his name... but there's guy on here and on Pyscho... he's said he weighs around 200 and has been in the mid 9's on an 06 SWB 10 (i think it was red and his name was Hacksaw or somthin).
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yea blue, runnin without the old "cusion" takes some serious getin used to. Your weight's really not that bad though. I'm like 175 ish in boxers witch puts me probably at 200 suited. And I can't remember his name... but there's guy on here and on Pyscho... he's said he weighs around 200 and has been in the mid 9's on an 06 SWB 10 (i think it was red and his name was Hacksaw or somthin).
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1
thats "HACKSTALL", Im 205 suited. your body should squat at the hips on the bike, when launching, not bend at the back......if that makes since

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thats "HACKSTALL", Im 205 suited. your body should squat at the hips on the bike, when launching, not bend at the back......if that makes since
Well I use to weight lift a lot when younger and Squats was my favorite exercise...... it sounds like you saying do a proper Squat where the back is not bent to the hips for maximum lift for weight. :dontknow: I will try that stance though if that's what you mean but I'm sure it will not be a True Squat stance as the back will need to bend somewhat to get down low....I think I know what your talking about though. :wink:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I cut my seat at least a year or 2 ago and it helped tremendously. When I did the 9.80 @ 150 I slid backwards even with the seat cut.
Its one of the best things you could do for drag racing. Lowers the center of gravity and helps keep you in place.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
good reading...got some close friends that cut seats with a hump in the back that cut a few tenths too.
good luck guys

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I went yesterday to the drag strip and the track was really bad as it rained really hard all the way until the morning and the track was not prepared at all other than drying it.

Anyway I got 5 runs in and almost broke my personal record anyway(personal record was when the bike was newer and much less stressed clutch which has 18k + miles with a prepped track)

The thing is I did not have any sliding back :headshake: so that is one less thing to worry about now at launch and through 1st gear. I still have wheelie control problems at times so just need more seat time but it’s looking good and will never drag race again without my seat pan no cushion :headshake:

I will be running the West Coast Motorcycle Challenge in Sacramento, CA and my first time on a prepped Track this year……it’s going to be a wild ride :cool:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44613

Hope some of you guys can make it out as well. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could always weld a dildo to the seat and stick your arse on it. You will never move again. :lol: :crackup:
This is the second thread you been hounding me, you on a thin line BK so if your drinking you might wan't to stop.:wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 23 Posts