Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plan on strapping front, lowering back and stretching azz end, question is. has anyone ran a non o-ring chain to drag race, reason i ask is because i will not be racing that much, maybe 3 or 4 weekends, and didnt know if it was necessary to buy a more expensive o-ring chain for this, i thought o-rings just keep the dirt out, anyways any and all input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
BUddy of mine has broke 2 non o-ring chains and has done major damage to the bike each time. First time the case was busted and the next time it ripped his tail section off and grazed his leg....So if I were you I would invest in a top of the line chain if youre gonna be stressing it that much....I know a couple of guys that run turbos on thier busa and they use ZZZ chains.......good luck and be safe..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info., so are o-ring chains stronger, even if they are both the same strength.

·
Registered
463 Posts
X-ring chains are the best by far IMO.....I wouldn't put anything else on my bike.

I think the ZZZ chains (I'll get the exact name for them later) are best for the stretched bikes......get on google and type in ZZZ chain and see what comes up.....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oneradten said:
why not just get a zx 14 for dragging?
cuz i bought a 10 cuz i wanted a 10, not a 14. this is just something i wanted to try this summer(drag racing), nothing permanent.

·
Registered
403 Posts
04ZX10 said:
cuz i bought a 10 cuz i wanted a 10, not a 14. this is just something i wanted to try this summer(drag racing), nothing permanent.

Drag racing the 10 is a blast. Just don't loop the bitch and you will be alright. I'm getting my launch down pact so i'll be posting my numbers pretty soon...It will be a low 9.......

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
oneradten said:
why not just get a zx 14 for dragging?

:+1: :iamwithst ..... good point but, to each their own, it just the zx-10r was designed for turning..... and the zx-14 was morely designed for staight aways.... and wow shit i cant spell today

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
X-ring chain and nothing else.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
we have all the chain you need at our shop...we are drag racers and we only sell what works best...give us a call and i'll make sure you get the right part for the job...803.285.8093

dwayne

·
Registered
228 Posts
madnessracing said:
a ZX10r is good for drag racing maybe faster than a 14r and a busa..

titanium said:
:shady: .........................:spit:
:+1: with Titanium, bro. Don't know if that one will hold water... Busa... maybe... 14r..:headshake:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
madnessracing said:
a ZX10r is good for drag racing maybe faster than a 14r and a busa..
your on crack if you think a 10r is faster then a busa or 14r.:headshake busa's at our local dragway are running 7's. the zx10's dont even compare. if you want to drag race buy a busa or zx14 but if you just want to mess around a little stay with the 10r.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
403 Posts
eric said:
your on crack if you think a 10r is faster then a busa or 14r.:headshake busa's at our local dragway are running 7's. the zx10's dont even compare. if you want to drag race buy a busa or zx14 but if you just want to mess around a little stay with the 10r.:eek:ccasion1
Running 7's with what mods????? Nitrous, a 8 inch extension, with motor work???? don't come on here saying that an out of the box busa is running 7's....get real.. I've beaten many a stock busa on my stock 10....don't give me that shit....

·
Registered
828 Posts
bragg10r said:
Running 7's with what mods????? Nitrous, a 8 inch extension, with motor work???? don't come on here saying that an out of the box busa is running 7's....get real.. I've beaten many a stock busa on my stock 10....don't give me that shit....
Yea, what he said!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
bragg10r said:
you are such a dumb a$$. tell me where i said out of the box (stock).you are trying to put word in my mouth that i never said. for drag racing the 10r dont even compare to a busa or zx14 and will never compare to a busa or 14. you can do so much with a busa and get the power to the ground.(and no not out of the box with mods).the busa is a better drag bike then the 10r hands down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I have been stretching the stock chain every pass on the drag strip. I would tighten it and stretches again. I am running a wheelie bar and slick at the races I'm allowed to and take off the wheelie bar for street legal events. So last weekend the chain (after yet another tightening job) jumps off the sprocket. So I'm going to go back up one tooth on the front (to 16) and then since I need more gear going up to 45 on the back. I'm going to go to the EK525MVX. I've had more luck with those in the past. Do you think this set up will work, or am I going to have the same problem again??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts