Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I should have my damper in this week, which will obviously make things alot easier on me (bike is just floating everything i hit the throttle) so i get way too many small headshakes

I used to drag race all the time, street/track (track was an 1/8 not 1/4) i'd drag my camaro at HRP in houston for the 1/4

Problem is every bike i used to drag race was 600s, or a slower 1k
So i had no problem slipping the clutch from redline (always fun to scare the squid next to u when yer just holding it makin all that noise)

I'm guessin on the 10r, on the line your not gonna put it at redline but still put it around 10? and just slip the clutch pretty slowly then bang the gears
I just can't imagine the front end staying down at all if i peg the throttle all the way back, i know once in 2nd its not gonna come up off throttle while already accel'ing that hard so its just a question of the launch

I know any serious 10r dragger uses straps/lowers the front end so its not so much of a tug of war to keep the front end down - i want to run a flat 10 w/o straps if possible?

I know the bike stock can run hi 9s easily, but i'm no pro if i can get it to a flat 10 i'd be quite happy

For all the haters who say, just go find a road to turn on - i live in houston (its flat and straight, we drag here) deal with it :p

thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

if u watch this guy -
well one he keeps his legs behind his pegs on launch (i keep mine in front to keep more weight towards the front of the bike)
and listening to em off the line, he's got the revs pretty low and then just forces it down but nails it after the lights green rather then slipping it much
also that can't be stock, the front end is touching the fender...

on this video he slips its the same way i do, i just hold the revs alot higher
if i use the link, it doen't work just copy/paste and take out the space
www.you tube.com/watch?v=8E_tVGTbs4I

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
yes thats stock. the first gen can do that lowered, strapped and regeared. i think you can pull low 10s at stock height.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
yes thats stock. the first gen can do that lowered, strapped and regeared. i think you can pull low 10s at stock height.
:+1: I did a paltry 10.7 box stock first time out...and I suck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well stock imo is not messing with lowering the front end

when i get some time here to go to fri night track night i'll find a way to run a low 10 with stock height

well i do have an akro slip but that really doesnt do much but we'll see how it goes

just waiting for the stupid damper to get here

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
well stock imo is not messing with lowering the front end

when i get some time here to go to fri night track night i'll find a way to run a low 10 with stock height

well i do have an akro slip but that really doesnt do much but we'll see how it goes

just waiting for the stupid damper to get here
The damper is well worth it's weight in gold at the strip; and I'm with shift on launching at 6 grand.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if your launching for 6k how much are u slipping the clutch?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
if your launching for 6k how much are u slipping the clutch?
I just gradually feed out the clutch while continually giving more throttle. I give enough of each just enough to keep the front end down. This is how I do it but again I am NOT a pro. Look through the strip forums and see what the GOOD guys are doing.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
this might sound crazy but it work, take your seat off it helps alot it make you and the bike as one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so what are you sitting on if the seat is off?

reading this drag racing forum section has got me all riled up

i really want to go work on my launches (cuz we all know shifting is the hardest part right? :p)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts