Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you fast dragracers experimented with the 19 parts that makeup your clutch pack??(06 model)(not including the 2 tiny rings)

example: ive heard the thing to do is start out with a plate instead of a fiber, like the popular "clutch cusion"

any have experience with this??

lilsal?
norm?
wreckshop?
poppell?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
06green said:
Have any of you fast dragracers experimented with the 19 parts that makeup your clutch pack??(06 model)(not including the 2 tiny rings)

example: ive heard the thing to do is start out with a plate instead of a fiber, like the popular "clutch cusion"

any have experience with this??

lilsal?
norm?
wreckshop?
poppell?
I have a 06 in my shop that I'm going to test this weekend and I've got the clutch out. First thing I'm going to try is see how the clutch feels without the rings. If I can't slip it like I want, all the 06 steels will come out and I will put 04 steels back in including the judder spring(2 steels riveted together) to get the stack height around 53.6mm. I've found that with the stack height at 53.3-53.6mm, I quailify real well!!! :helmet: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think Norm did something like that as far as going with a 04-05 clutch pack, supposed to slip a whole lot smoother. I know my clutch is grabby as hell and I would like to do this mod, anyone else have some info on this?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was going to go with the 04-05 clutch pack but I already have my 06 pulling 1.52's w/ very little seat time and not being back at the track in several months, on the stock clutch set up. Next year if I can't get into the 1.4 range I will start looking at different set ups.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GARSZX10R said:
I was going to go with the 04-05 clutch pack but I already have my 06 pulling 1.52's w/ very little seat time and not being back at the track in several months, on the stock clutch set up. Next year if I can't get into the 1.4 range I will start looking at different set ups.
:thumbsup: , but try slipping it on stock wheelbase.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
:thumbsup: , but try slipping it on stock wheelbase.
It WILL NOT slip on the stock wheelbase. :mrgreen: It will grab and send your ass into outer space!

·
Banned
89 Posts
GARSZX10R said:
It WILL NOT slip on the stock wheelbase. :mrgreen: It will grab and send your ass into outer space!

Please explain how wheel base affects whether or not you can slip the clutch?:dontknow:

·
Registered
585 Posts
GETNASTY said:
Please explain how wheel base affects whether or not you can slip the clutch?:dontknow:
It grabs either way,
What he's reffering to is on the 06 for some reason the clutch gets to a certain point of being slipped and it just graps and on the stock wheelbase your facing the sky, with the 6 over at least when it grabs your still pointing in the right direction. I know from experience. :wink:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GARSZX10R said:
It grabs either way,
What he's reffering to is on the 06 for some reason the clutch gets to a certain point of being slipped and it just graps and on the stock wheelbase your facing the sky, with the 6 over at least when it grabs your still pointing in the right direction. I know from experience. :wink:
Exactly :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually my best 60 and 330 came from the absolute stock 06set-up with the 2 tiny rings located between the 2nd and 3rd plates inward from the factory. When i moved them up against the basket my 60 and 330 got worse!!

The only thing im happy with is my MPH...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well, i have the 04/05 clutches in mine with the 04/05 judder spring and my best 60ft is 1.58 leaving at around 9k rpm's slipping it real hard and the clutches seem to last quite a while as well...Stock wheelbase -1front +1 rear !! Will be trying a different clutch setup this weekend......STAY TUNED

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was told to switch to the 04/05 set-up, i guess i shoulda listened...oh well im going to try the double steel mod for the 06 in the meantime and see what happens...

·
Registered
99 Posts
wreckshop i heard Houston was shut down this weekend for upgrades or something. some were talking about going to Sealy, but you might check before heading out. not sure how clutch feels,but it will be little grabby without the 2 small springs. but once you get used to it i think it will prolly work out better.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yall from houston too, cool i live about 20min from HRP!! Did any of yall race in the tx shootout 1000cc class?? i tried a couple of times but those damn wheelies got me...what do yall think about the rules of that class??

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to keep it stk wheelbase, but if i keep wasting $$ on clutch set-ups and trac trips i may just throw an arm on her like ole normjack did..

AND THEN FLY

1 - 20 of 28 Posts